turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommend some rain gear

Started by DirtNap647, March 11, 2021, 04:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

Anyone recommend some good light weight rain gear. Besides in my f150 or my house, everything else I tried leaked lol.

Gobble!

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Gobble! on March 11, 2021, 04:24:26 PM
Cabelas Space Rain
I second the space suit. First time I ever wore it I was in the tree stand six hours or so in an absolute downpour and I stayed dry the whole time. A little noisy but in the rain who cares. The whole woods are noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 11, 2021, 04:30:30 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 11, 2021, 04:24:26 PM
Cabelas Space Rain
I second the space suit. First time I ever wore it I was in the tree stand six hours or so in an absolute downpour and I stayed dry the whole time. A little noisy but in the rain who cares. The whole woods are noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good stuff if you stayed dry that long....

Marc

As a duck hunter, I have been through some rain gear...

Currently I use a Sitka Delta (which is a jacket made for duck hunting).  Best jacket I ever owned for keeping dry under really wet conditions.  I would say it is over-priced, but were I to lose it, I would buy another one tomorrow.  Might not stay dry in a swimming pool, but I could stay dry in the shower with it.

My father has a Kuiu Yukon, and the Sitka.  He likes the Sitka better for duck hunting, but only because it is more well-organized and designed towards duck hunting.  I have a friend that has Sitka and First Lite, and prefers the Sitka for ducks, and the First Lite for big game....

Bottom line, is that for staying dry, I do not think you could go wrong with Sitka, Kuiu, or First Lite gear.  All quality stuff, that will keep you dry.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.