turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-459 Turkey ... any leads?

Started by escpen, March 11, 2021, 11:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

escpen

I have had my eye on a Weatherby SA-459 Turkey shotgun for a couple of years but had some trouble finding one.  In the late summer of 2020, I finally received a notification that stock was available but I wasn't quick enough on the uptake and they were gone by the time I went to order only a couple hours later.

Does anyone have a bead on one of these guns or a similar alternative?  I would really like a pistol grip semi-auto shotgun, preferably in 20 ga. (although 12 ga. is fine as well).

Thank you in advance for your help!

lunghit

There are two on gunbroker right now brand new in box. Both are 12's and one has a buy it now of $549. Not sure if that is a good price or not though.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

FL-Boss

Also look for the TriStar Viper #24152. It's basically the exact same gun, made in the same Turkish factory as the SA-459 (I have them both) But the tristar looks better with the cerokote and bottomland finish.

lunghit

Just looked again and there are quite a few on gunbroker. All 12 Ga.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

escpen

Thanks all, I was really hoping to get a 20 gauge for my boys to use as they get into turkey hunting but I ended up purchasing a TriStar Viper G2 with the pistol grip AND an all black Weatherby SA-459, both in 12 Gauge (couldn't pass up the deal on the Weatherby).

RED NECK

I have the 12 gauge and I like everything about the gun,if I find a 20 I'd buy it as quick as I could.Enjoy the new gun.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

escpen

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 11, 2021, 05:41:27 PM
I have the 12 gauge and I like everything about the gun,if I find a 20 I'd buy it as quick as I could.Enjoy the new gun.

Thank you - I'm definitely still looking for a 20 gauge version.

DUCKDIGGLER

Shoot me a PM......I might be able to help you. :z-winnersmiley:

spiggy2

Just got one from palmetto state armory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Kygobblergetter

There is one for sale over on gobbler nation right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcfd142

Gunprime has a matte black one that is identical to the camo one for $399. I picked one up a couple weeks ago. Plan on getting mine dipped down the road. But for now it will do just fine.

Jcfd142

Didn't see the 20 gauge part. This is a 12.

Fullfan

There is a new 20ga sa459 on gobbler nation.
Don't gobble at me...

HUNTER727

I purchased one back in March and couldn't be more happy with it. I had my dipped in mossy oak greenleaf and it turned out really good. I'm currently shooting longbeards and a sumtoy out of it.

Mnpublichunter

If you want a new one I'd nab it while you can. Listed as discontinued by Weatherby