OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What we look down  (Read 3111 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
What we look down
« on: March 07, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »
Hey brothers,

We are members here of a Special Weapons Assault Team. The Special Weapons that we have chosen to carry to our appointments in the greening spring woods with our targets are specifically the potent and wicked 20 gauge shotgun. It's what we are known for. The rest of the turkey hunting community, bless their hearts, are finally beginning to walk the aisle up to the 20 gauge altar. Photos of dead gobblers with a 20 gauge shotgun laying across him does have a way of softening and bending folks locked-in perceptions of effectiveness. Dead is dead, right?

Show us your 20 gauge shotgun that you will be easily carrying in the indigo blue mornings this spring. Tell us about it, where it came from, what shells and choke tube does she like and whatever else you feel is particularly noteworthy about her. We love seeing them before they drop the metaphorical locomotive on the heads of the feathered loudmouths we love pursuing.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: What we look down
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 11:22:36 AM »
CZ 920, Carlson’s .575, 1.25oz HEVI 13 #7s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
That's a beautiful shotgun. Does it actually come with that finish on the receiver?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
What we look down
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
That's a beautiful shotgun. Does it actually come with that finish on the receiver?
No, and they actually quit making that shotgun. The original finish was black chrome and chrome. Way too shiny for dove fields and turkey woods. I think they are now offering a similar finish in the 1012. A bronze or gray cerakote receiver and black barrel. And I’m pretty sure they’ve always offered cerakoted receivers in the 712/720 line.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 08:02:07 PM »
Benelli M2, 26 inch barrel, sumtoy 562 choke, sumtoy mount with a FF2 in it. Gun likes TSS super shot 9's.
I like it because it is so light to carry and no recoil and is deadly accurate!

Offline Chuck1443

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 08:09:29 PM »
CZ 920, Carlson’s .575, 1.25oz HEVI 13 #7s

Sharp gun

[ulr=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url][=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157301774@N04/][/url]

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 09:24:07 PM »
Benelli M2, 26 inch barrel, sumtoy 562 choke, sumtoy mount with a FF2 in it. Gun likes TSS super shot 9's.
I like it because it is so light to carry and no recoil and is deadly accurate!
Did you pattern those new TSS shells through your gun?

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 10:04:32 PM »
yes i did, first shot i thought was to low.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 10:08:21 PM »
so i moved it up a quarter turn, very pleased , i wont have to pick as many pellets out of the breast!

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 10:15:27 PM »
That's a wicked swarm of tungsten right there. This means you can't blame the gun if you miss!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2021, 10:24:17 PM »
But you know i am good for a miss or two every season, not ashamed to say they can shake me up sometimes!

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 06:40:41 AM »
My shootin' arn started out life as a 20 gauge Remington 870 Express that I won at an NWTF banquet. I decided to make her into a dedicated turkey gun. I raised the comb on the stock, gave her a custom 3D camo outfit, and mounted a red dot sight and a handwoven shoulder strap on her. She has had her bore polished and is setup with a Remington Super Full choke and will be unleashing Federal TSS shells this year.

FC

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 07:36:56 AM »
My shootin' arn started out life as a 20 gauge Remington 870 Express that I won at an NWTF banquet. I decided to make her into a dedicated turkey gun. I raised the comb on the stock, gave her a custom 3D camo outfit, and mounted a red dot sight and a handwoven shoulder strap on her. She has had her bore polished and is setup with a Remington Super Full choke and will be unleashing Federal TSS shells this year.

FC
That camo is wild! Where’d you have that done?

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 11:15:14 PM »
The "Little Monster"  Remington youth 20 gauge fitted with a shurshot stock, patriot sear spring, machined extractor, mirror polished 21" bbl with a Primos .570 Tightwad, drilled and tapped with a 3 hole Remington base and wearing a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot.  Shoots EVERYTHING well, to just plain ridiculous. Haven't carried anything bigger than a 20 since 2010.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline TKE921

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »
Franchi Affinity  Burris Fastfire 3 and a 570 choke.   See my newly started thread and help me decide which choke.