Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome!

Started by Swamp, March 07, 2021, 08:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp

Welcome aboard guys you should have received a pm from me regarding this team , use this to introduce yourself so we can all get to know one another a little better.

I'm an active duty Marine currently stationed in North Carolina I'm originally from Tennessee where i spent most of my time in the woods chasing any type of game that was in season. This is my first year back turkey hunting sense 2014 so in looking forward to chasing these birds again. I hope we can all manage to have a good year and stay safe throughout the 2021 spring turkey season. Good luck everyone and welcome aboard.

GobbleNut

Screen name, GobbleNut.....real name, Jim.  I suspect I am the senior member of the new team as I am a retiree.  Born and raised in southern New Mexico and have been spring gobbler hunting here since 1965 or so.  Glad to get together with a bunch of fellow turkey hunters on this new team!

(I was a member of another team, the Crusaders, but gave up my spot on that team when the fellow that started that team many years ago returned from overseas active duty in the military.  I stepped out so he could rejoin the team as a participating member) 

YukonC

Hello everyone, real name is Alex. I'm a southern IL hunter and OIF vet. I'm the guy that didn't get picked for a team last year and ended up with a 28.5lb bird in the first 10 minutes of my first season.... anyhow hope to provide a decent bird or two to the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManfromGreenSwamp

Hey guys!
Justin here, from central Florida.
50miles from everywhere...north of Tampa, west of Orlando and south of Ocala, in one of the only hundred thousand acre contiguous pieces of mesic flatwoods, cypress river swamp and hardwood hammocks. Professionally, work wise, I've been in the fisheries and wildlife biology feild for 20years. I've taken a few Easterns, though my main point of focus when it pertains to turkey hunting is the crown jewel to the slam, the Osceola. Looking forward to sharing with you all here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

RiverBuck

My name is Brad, I'm 50 years old and live in Evington, Virginia on a farm that gives me opportunities every year to kill black bear, bucks, and longbeards. I have access to a large tract out my front door with rolling hills, hardwoods, and pines surrounding several fields separated by natural wood divides that has basically zero pressure. My turkey population is thriving and the only other person that hunts this area is my neighbor, the local sheriff but he's pretty much just a whitetail hunter.

I usually hunt several different states a year but this turkey season I'll just be hunting here at the farm.

I've been a member of other hunting forums since the mid 2000's but happy to be here, on this team, and found this site.

boomer

Hi guys
My name is Dan and I'm from Nebraska. After being stationed in South Carolina where I first really seen wild turkeys and listening to the old barber talk about his turkey hunts. I've being addicted to them since.

My season starts on the 25th of this month for archery in Nebraska.

notsure

Hello. My name's Frank, and I've been living in SE MN since 2003. I hunt for Spring Turkeys near Chatfield, MN and just outside of Amherst, WI. I appreciate the invitation, and can't wait for this season to get started!

Bridger

Hi all,  my name is John.  Lifelong Virginian. I'll be hunting public land in Va and WVA this spring. I retired last year and hope to have plenty of time in the woods. Good luck to my fellow team members.

Sir-diealot

Howdy y'all name is Steve or Steven, whichever you prefer. Used to drive taxi til I was in a accident doing that, unable to work now but I enjoy hunting when the body allows. I had lost all hunting for 17 years until the Doc. came up with some meds that let me get back out there on a limited basis. I am currently driving a Mennonite, that is a lot of fun, get to see a lot of the countryside where we live and sometimes in other states as well. In addition to the normal stuff I bring out hunting with me this year I will also be bringing in my camera setup, not filming a hunt but will take all the pictures I can of all forms of wildlife before and after the season. Hoping to get a different tripod for that before the season starts, need one with a arm so it is easier to turn the camera. I also bought a cheap rain jacket and some filters for my lenses. I have lived in NY all my life, one of the greatest states there is but suffers from the worst politics there is in the country.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

avidnwoutdoorsman

Howdy all!

I'm our far west coaster based out of WA. I work in construction to pay for this addiction we call turkey hunting. Goal this year as it is every year will be to get a WA slam and see if I can't tack on a few more states. I have a big trip planned this spring COVID/Wife/Turkeys willing could be one for the memories. I'll turn 33 this turkey season.

Plan A: DE/VA/NC/SC/GA/TN/KY/WV/MD/WA
Plan B: WA/ID/MT

I'm hoping for plan A!

Cheers,
Christopher
Keep Calm and Gobble On!

Kdp1080

Hey guys Im Kevin and I am from East TN.Bitds are gobblin here and have been for a couple weeks now. I hunt 4 different states. If the stars align and the turkey gods are gobblin we should see some toes curl.

leaf shaker

Hey everyone, sorry being late to the party. My names John. This will be my 5th year calling turkeys and in the last two years I've had turkeys in the truck before 8:00 am. Hopefully I'll be a good asset for the team and have some fun at the same time  :thanks:

GobbleNut

Okay, great to see everybody has checked in and is on board!  Let's see how things go this spring!

It's important for everyone to stay involved and not disappear on us.  Our goal is to have at least nine team members tag a gobbler (or more) and follow through with the measuring, scoring, and picture-taking process.  Let's git after' em!