OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does your WAD hit the target at 40 yards? Long Beard XR 3" #5

Started by ShootingABN!, March 03, 2021, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

At 20, pretty regularly.
At 30, every now and then.
At 40, on very rare occasion.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: Hobbes on March 04, 2021, 01:45:59 PM
Back before Longbeards hit the shelf, I had some 3 1/2" six Winchester Supremes shoot through a box at 40 yards.  The first try was a terrible pattern and looked like a slug went through.  The second shot from same box of ammo was the same thing and plastic wad just didn't look right.

I posted photos here and Allaboutshooting said that ain't right and gave me Winchester contact info.  They said, don't shoot anymore of those and please send the box back.  They replaced the one box with two and all was well.

Yours doesn't look quite the same because you actually have a pattern.  I didn't and was darn near shooting a slug.

Yes Sir I had the same thing happen with the 3.5" Supremes. Had paper on an old wood target made out of 2x6's. I had the wad with the copper shot pouring out of it when I walked up to the target. I called Winchester and they sent me a case of the 3" Double X? LOL But I just gave them the lot number. They confirmed I was over 18. LOL But I was shooting 3.5" Supremes, and they sent me 3" I used them just to shoot around with.

Hobbes

Quote from: ShootingABN! on March 04, 2021, 06:42:15 PM
Quote from: Hobbes on March 04, 2021, 01:45:59 PM
Back before Longbeards hit the shelf, I had some 3 1/2" six Winchester Supremes shoot through a box at 40 yards.  The first try was a terrible pattern and looked like a slug went through.  The second shot from same box of ammo was the same thing and plastic wad just didn't look right.

I posted photos here and Allaboutshooting said that ain't right and gave me Winchester contact info.  They said, don't shoot anymore of those and please send the box back.  They replaced the one box with two and all was well.

Yours doesn't look quite the same because you actually have a pattern.  I didn't and was darn near shooting a slug.

Yes Sir I had the same thing happen with the 3.5" Supremes. Had paper on an old wood target made out of 2x6's. I had the wad with the copper shot pouring out of it when I walked up to the target. I called Winchester and they sent me a case of the 3" Double X? LOL But I just gave them the lot number. They confirmed I was over 18. LOL But I was shooting 3.5" Supremes, and they sent me 3" I used them just to shoot around with.

Back when lead was legal for waterfowl, those 3" XX were hell on ducks.

Tom007

Have had it happen with Long beards, and Fed Heavyweight 7 Flight  control wads.. had real good patterns though. Rob Roberts non-ported .660  Full Strut Choke.