turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OK, Floridians........ QUESTION

Started by Yoder409, March 02, 2021, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Can I get a Florida hunting license at Walmart ??

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Yes
Walmart in Florida.
Tax office
Cell phone app or website
Or over phone(call)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

-T.Farley

-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

https://license.gooutdoorsflorida.com/Customer/LocateAgent

County tax collector/walmart look up^^^

-T.Farley

-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

888-HUNT-FLORIDA (888-486-8356)

Phone call^^^^

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Yoder409

Thank you !!!

I was figuring to grab one at Walmart when I got there.  Then I found conflicting info on the web as to whether Walmart sold them or not.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Definitely use the link, input the county you're staying in to find local Wally World would be my suggestion. But if you're driving down, you can always swing by many in route.
If all else fails, the 888 number works good and they provide you with a confirmation number should you be checked by the man while afield (they have the info already on their computer/radio dispatch).

Best of luck, get a good ol biggun!
They've been on fire for months here with weather currently in the 90°s and been in the 80°s for the past month.

If you don't mind me asking, what county or closest city will you be hunting near?

-T.Farley

-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

And you're very welcome!
Hunting in another state can be tricky with different agencies and state laws, if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

roberthyman14

You can download the my fwc app as well.  Florida is very friendly in obtaining a license.  The tough part is hunting state land and understanding the quota dates sometimes

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Hobbes

I'll add to the original question.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured out but want to confirm.

I've already bought the hunting license, turkey license, and WMA permit online and printed it right then.  It appears that there is no "tagging" requirement, so I'm not actually going to notch, date or sign a tag upon killing a bird.  Is this correct?

roberthyman14

Quote from: Hobbes on March 03, 2021, 08:14:48 AM
I'll add to the original question.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured out but want to confirm.

I've already bought the hunting license, turkey license, and WMA permit online and printed it right then.  It appears that there is no "tagging" requirement, so I'm not actually going to notch, date or sign a tag upon killing a bird.  Is this correct?
That is correct.  Our fwc has not figured out how to do a true tag system like other states.  For some it turns a 2 bird limit into unlimited bird.  No way to really know what has been killed. 

Hobbes

Quote from: roberthyman14 on March 03, 2021, 08:31:54 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on March 03, 2021, 08:14:48 AM

That is correct.  Our fwc has not figured out how to do a true tag system like other states.  For some it turns a 2 bird limit into unlimited bird.  No way to really know what has been killed. 

Thanks for the confirmation.  I'll be very happy with one.

Yoder409

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on March 02, 2021, 09:26:20 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what county or closest city will you be hunting near?

I'm hunting 4 days as it looks now.

First 2 days near Gainesville in Alachua county.  Second 2 days near Lake Kissimmee in Polk county.
PA elitist since 1979

ManfromGreenSwamp

haha, thats my neck of the world. They've been doing their thing for a while now. I see birds daily, displaying, gobbling and w/wo hens all over. Its 100% spring! you'll be all over them. Weather is great...was a dry spell but got some rain today, supposed to cool off a tad(50s low) been in the high 80s, was every bit of low 90s today/yesterday.

Don't forget a thermocell
-T.Farley

-B.Button