turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Florida...

Started by Smooth_Operator, February 28, 2021, 09:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth_Operator

Heading down Friday for the South Florida opener, this has become one of my favorite spring trips over the past few years. If any of y'all will be down there hit me up via PM and let me know where you'll be camping, I'll be at Trail Lakes Campground. Safe travels to all those heading down and good luck this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Wvdanimal

Should be on the east side of Okeechobee late Thursday night.  Scouting all day Friday. Looks like the extended forecast is gonna be good. Good luck!

Crghss

Will be north of you at Fisheating creek.

Say hi to the skunk apes.

Good luck and have fun. Weather should be excellent.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

FLGobstopper

Quote from: Crghss on February 28, 2021, 09:28:40 PM
Will be north of you at Fisheating creek.

Say hi to the skunk apes.

Good luck and have fun. Weather should be excellent.

Just spent the weekend there with my 13 year old daughter for the youth hunt. Incredible hunt and experience minus the killing or actually legitimately working a bird. Heard a few and located a few and spent a lot of time and covered a lot of ground looking for one that acted ready to play. Left the best gobbling bird we had opening morning to another group that came in on us and got between us and the gobbler. Yesterday kept going past him when he was gobbling sporadically on the roost in the exact spot as the day before. Maybe should of stayed with him but he was in a spot that was just to prime to get interference on again and he was surrounded by hens both days. So went after another we found on Sat 3/4 mile away that did the walk away gobbling thing to us. Stayed on him for a couple hours after he gobbled at owl just after fly down, set on him and he answered one more courtesy gobble and was off again. We named him vanish just like another we located about another mile in.

Great trip though, scenery, fishing and everything else makes me want to get back in the truck and go right now. Hope the birds are more responsive and workable for you. If you have half as good of a time as we did it will be a success no matter what. Oh yeah and we birds were much more vocal and gobbled later into the morning on Friday when we scouted when the temp was a bit cooler. Maybe that will be great for y'all this weekend. Good luck and share a pic if you bust one, would love to see it!