turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is anybody hunting ? We need..........

Started by BowBendr, May 23, 2011, 09:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

Still haven't heard from New2Turkey or BamaStrut, and I think we have Woodsman1977 still hunting.....

We need 1 dang bird to get to 10.............

I think the rest of us are done for this year.  :help:

Is there anybody else out there hunting that hasn't killed that can put 1 more on the board ?

MDbowman

Derek is, LOL!! He has 2 days left he can hunt and 2 tags to fill. From todays report, he stands a fair chance at at least one. I know - it doesn't help!

derek

Quote from: MDbowman on May 23, 2011, 09:47:34 PM
Derek is, LOL!! He has 2 days left he can hunt and 2 tags to fill. From todays report, he stands a fair chance at at least one. I know - it doesn't help!

Well, I really thought you had me jinxed on that.  I got on this group of birds yesterday around 11:30 and had them going strong at 60 yards right up till noon and slipped out undetected.  Went back after them today and man was it nasty humid.  Took a little bit, but I found them and got them cranked up.  Here come 2 jakes gobbling in.  I was undecided on whether I'd shoot them or not and was letting them check out the decoy when one of them acted like he saw something and started walking away.  I knew he had nothing so I throw a cutt at them and they both gobble.. I shoot mid gobble and at 6:06 am he hits the ground flopping at 32 yards.  I've passed up quite a few jakes this year.. guess the mood just hit me this morning.  Oh well, one more tag with friday being my next and last day to hunt.  This one's for a different zone that I haven't hunted this year yet so that could be interesting. 

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

Dang bro, them things just run to you don't they ?    :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I bet when you walk in the grocery store, the frozen ones just up and jump in your buggy 10 at a time !  :jackson:

I bet when you go in wal-mart for a bottle of doe pee, you come out draggin' a buck....... :z-guntootsmiley:

I could go on, but i'll just say big time congrats on an awesome turkey season, you da' man.

:wav: :wav:

MDbowman

Hey BowBender you don't even want to know about his luck with bands!! But then again he hunts ducks as hard as he turkey hunts!

DMP

So are we done or is anyone still hunting?

BowBendr

Quote from: DMP on May 26, 2011, 09:59:58 PM
So are we done or is anyone still hunting?

We are except for Woodsman1977 andi'll shoot Jim a pm tonite and see if his season has ended or not. His season ends on May 31st (next Tuesday).

And BamaStrut or New2Turkey either one replied to any of my messages to them.  :begging:

Fullfan

All tagged out here, spent time getting the kids their birds and never had the chance to get to Ny. Derek congrats on a great season.......
Don't gobble at me...