turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington 1187 in a 20gauge

Started by rock54, May 23, 2011, 08:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

lookn to buy one after i find one to hold and look at, it has a 26inch barrel and i am  hopen that is a positive and total camo too....it will be a total turkey gun for me,wife and son...any body out there have one and have any good or bad to help me out before i buy this gun...thanks for the ideas and help....russ

lmbhngr

I have one I took 2 longbeards with it this season. My son also has the youth model and he`s killed 3 toms in 2 yrs. with his. I do have a slight problem with mine though; if I try to close the chamber slow it hangs up and doesn`t close all the way. I have to close it kind of hard which is a little to loud at 4:30 in the morning.

Devastator

just curious,what is the price?im looking at picking up a used 1187 off my buddies son that has not even shot the gun yet .his dad said that he paid 500 for it so if i can get it for 400 i think i will be happy.

rock54

i am lookn to buy new....not sure what cost is....lookn to find one so i can look at it and hold it too.....that way i'll know if i like it or not ??

surehuntsalot

Quote from: JohnDoe on May 27, 2011, 05:35:19 PM
Wal Mart

637.00 at walmart in mossy oak breakup camo
26" barrel, modified choke tube
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MattinIdaho

Score yourself one. I've had several and all have been awesome!! I have a Benelli M2 20 gauge that sits home because I just like the way the Remingtons feel. Let the bagging begin :whip2: but I'll go Remington.

rock54

guys a startn spot question,which choke and shells to start with.......as is everybody else i am tryn to cover 10 to 30 yds...which seems to be the norm for us in our own huntn situation...want to reach out if needed and have not too tight a pattern for close shots....we only hunt out of a blind because of their not being still enough to hunt outside...thanks for any further info russ

Devastator

im going to start with an ssx .550 choke recommened by a former member of og.and fed 7's.

MattinIdaho

If I was looking for a 10 - 30 yard gun, a HS Undertaker .582 and Win #6's will cover it. If you wanted to reach out a it farther the same choke and Hevi #7's.
I have had great success with a Pure Gold .555 and .570 and Nitro #7's. I hunt with the .570 with the Nitro 7's and feel 100% out to 45 with that combo.