OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Paramount clothing.

Started by Dtrkyman, February 28, 2021, 10:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Saw a link to this on another forum, lot's of bottomland stuff for those looking.

Not familiar with the brand so I have no idea on the quality?

https://paramountoutdoors.com/

Spurs

Will let you know in a couple days...ordered the hoodie and 'quiet' vest last week.
This year is going to suck!!!

RaspyD

I got a pair of pants and jacket in the fall of 2019 when Costco was carrying the Paramount line of camo. I have worn it now for 2 deer seasons and also wore it last year during turkey season. It has held up extremely well so far with no tears, no seams coming undone, no loose stitching and no fading.  It is very quiet and comfortable as well.  I like it so much that I just ordered a light weight jacket and pair of pants.  Their entire line is very affordably priced and packed full of features you would not expect at that price point. Most every item they carry is available in Mossy Oak Bottomland.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Hobbes

Thanks for the link.  I've not bought any new pants or shirts for turkey hunting in a while, so I'm giving some of their lightweight stuff a try.  Supposed to arrive in 5 to 8 days.  I've only ordered one shirt and one pant, but I may order a second if I like it.

Big Jeremy

Their stuff looks nice, and reasonably priced. Those pants sure aren't made for a tall feller, though. Oh well...

Dtrkyman

I absolutely do not need any pants, but those pants with the striker holders and such look pretty sweet!

Hobbes

Quote from: Big Jeremy on March 01, 2021, 03:56:58 PM
Their stuff looks nice, and reasonably priced. Those pants sure aren't made for a tall feller, though. Oh well...

That's for sure.  I'd prefer 34" inseam even though that's usually a hair long.  32 works though, especially if I'm wearing boots.

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Hobbes on March 02, 2021, 12:27:27 AM
Quote from: Big Jeremy on March 01, 2021, 03:56:58 PM

That's for sure.  I'd prefer 34" inseam even though that's usually a hair long.  32 works though, especially if I'm wearing boots.

Yeah, I prefer something closer to 34" inseam. 32" will also work for me, but a Medium fits my waist better. Their pants are either 30" or 31" inseam on mediums. That's an absolute no go. It's weird, though. Their large shirts have a 36" sleeve...much longer than usual. Weird sizing, for sure. I'd need pants before I'd need any more shirts. Pretty much any shirt works, anyway, since I'm wearing a leafy jacket over whatever I have on up top.

Hobbes

I'll try to comment on fit once it arrives.

zombiewoof

Looks like some quality stuff. Prices good too. Thanks for the heads up

OJR

Ordered a base layer top and bottom. Need some new long skivvies. I'll let you know what I think.

gaswamp

decent prices for sure if quality is there

aclawrence

Does anyone know if the pants are more of an athletic fit or super baggy? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaspyD

Perfection Turkey Calls

Hobbes

The pants and shirt showed up today in the mail a couple days early.  I ordered the EHG Elite Sedona Lightweight Cargo Pant and the Mossy Oak Country Long Sleeve Vented Back Shirt.  I ordered the pants in original bottomland and the shirt is only offered in Break-Up.  I've never been one to worry about matching camo.

Here is my take on fit. 

Lately I've needed a 36" waist in jeans, sometimes those are too big but a 34" is too small and I have to find some other brand or cut.  I like to get a 34" inseam.  I can't always find that so I'll go 32" sometimes.  The 34" can sometimes be a little too long but works good with lower cut shoes.  The 32" is often too short for lower cut shoes but is fine with a hiking boot or taller.  I bought the Large size which shows 35" to 37" waist and 32" inseam.  I'd say they are spot on with the waist.  The fit me just enough that I could walk around the house without a belt, but I'd need a belt if doing too much especially hunting.  I think the inseam feels a hair longer along the lines of the 34" inseams that I usually like in jeans.  Overall, they fit me really well.

I almost always order an XL in a shirt.  Occasionally a short sleeve shirt I'll go with a Large.  It's typically across the shoulders and the arm length that requires me to get an XL.  Occasionally I'll end up swimming in the shirt so that the arm length is good.  The shirt fits really well.

As far as construction goes, both look good.  I won't really have a feel for how they'll hold up until after this season.  I'll for sure wear them in Florida (the whole reason I bought the mesh back shirt) and will likely wear them quite a few days in Montana covering a whole lot of ground.  I can't comment on how they compare to their other products or to Ol Tom clothing because I do not own any.

Pants:

Side pockets:

Rear pockets:

Shirt:

Mesh back: