turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet for beginner

Started by Here turkey turkey turkey, February 27, 2021, 08:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here turkey turkey turkey

What trumpet would you recommend for a beginner? Is it possible to get one under $60 bucks or am I out of luck? I am familiar with wingbones.

Anyone have an idea of what a quality wing bone costs?

Thanks
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

davisd9

Brian Mero is a great call. Will be a  bit more than that but not much.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O

Quote from: Here turkey turkey turkey on February 27, 2021, 08:50:04 PM
What trumpet would you recommend for a beginner? Is it possible to get one under $60 bucks or am I out of luck? I am familiar with wingbones.

Anyone have an idea of what a quality wing bone costs?

Thanks
Check out my thread about Found a bargain. This is really a great call

merocustomcalls

I finished this one yesterday.  Kingwood with Delrin mouthpiece.  $100 if you were interested.

longbeards

I am a turkey hunter that wanted a hunting call,,,one ,,,,,Ralph Premar made me a 60$ Jordon and it's a great sounding call,,,!

I highly recommend him, great guy and when I can afford it will buy another!

wchadw

Check misfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boykin Hollow

If you only have 60 to spend then the only thing you will find is the Jordan Yelper from Ralph Permar as previously stated. 

Brian Stewart

Brian Mero makes a very fine trumpet.  Ive taken several birds with one I got off of him years ago.
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

Rolloverdave

I just got my first trumpet from misfire, I've never ran one till yesterday and I'm already decent at it and it's a beautiful horn

Big Jeremy

The ones mentioned, plus maybe a Jeffrey Erb Suzy Q yelper. They run just a little more than that ($65, I think). You can find him on Facebook. Also, Gergg on here makes a good one. His are priced similarly to Mero's.