turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got the turkey guns sighted in today.

Started by Tail Feathers, February 27, 2021, 07:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon with temps reaching 75.  It was a little windy, but the range I use at my hunting lease is a narrow lane surrounded by woods, so the wind usually isn't a factor there.
I got both guns ready for the season now.
I had to drive around a bit and just look things over.  Lots of limbs and small trees down due to the big winter storm.  I did see two longbeards about 80 yards off the road in a big pipeline.  One was strutting.  The other on looked like a Volkswagen with wings.  That kind of stuff will get you ready for season!
Anyone else have good enough weather to get the guns ready?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Greg Massey

lunghit

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 27, 2021, 07:44:52 PM
We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon with temps reaching 75.  It was a little windy, but the range I use at my hunting lease is a narrow lane surrounded by woods, so the wind usually isn't a factor there.
I had to drive around a bit and just look things over.  Lots of limbs and small trees down due to the big winter storm.  I did see two longbeards about 80 yards off the road in a big pipeline.  One was strutting.  The other on looked like a Volkswagen with wings.  That kind of stuff will get you ready for season!
Must feel good to be outside in the good weather shooting some guns and watching some birds. My new 20 Ga SX3 should be here in a few weeks and I pan on doing some patterning.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

2eagles

I bought a new 20 SX4, but the weather hasn't been good enough to want to shoot it yet.
I'm surprised you could find a SX3 in 20 gauge.

Tom007

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 27, 2021, 07:44:52 PM

I snuck out last week. It was 44 degrees. Touched off a few rounds. Ready to go for the openers. Still 2 months away, but I feel it. Lots of scouting walks will make the days go fast. Snow melting big time, should be gone by next week......

ShootingABN!

Awesome. I got to do some test shots today.

Went ahead and ordered an IC .660 for her. She'll be ready.

Good luck everyone.

surehuntsalot

went and listened this morning, heard 2
7 days a a wake up here in mississippi
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ShootingABN!

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 07, 2021, 05:56:14 PM
went and listened this morning, heard 2
7 days a a wake up here in mississippi

Good luck. Gonna take my Son in the morning before school. We didn't hear anything down South.

3bailey3

i got gun dailed in last Thursday, walked all week and listened Saturday and nothing and saw very few tracks.

albrubacker

I need to get mine sighted in. Got 4 of them to sight.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott