turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 410

Started by ChiefBubba, February 27, 2021, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

I have the new Remington 410 Turkey. Will admit I've only patterned the choke that came with it. At 25 yards it's definitely a killer but at 30 yards I'm not even sure it'll pattern good enough to kill a cow.
So how are you guys getting these 30 yard patterns? I'll admit I'm not a 30 yard shooter. I like them inside 20 yards but I want to know I could go 30 if I needed. I've tried a bunch of different shells. Bubba

ChiefBubba

So I guess no one has an answer to my question's?????? LOL  :drool:
Bubba

Jester87

Mine should arrive this week, weather permitting I'll pattern this weekend and share the results. I ordered a jebs x-full choke for it too.

g8rvet

Heya Chief.  I don't have an answer, but curious about a few things.  What load are you shooting? If TSS, I would either call Trulock or Sumtoy and find out what they recommend.  All TSS is not made equal either.  There are some better loads than Federal out there for sure-someone posted a pattern with TSS 9x10 that was most impressive out of a 410 - a Stevens 301 I think.  I have been reading on here and I want to get a 410 and kill one turkey with it and then give it to my grandson to use when he is old enough.  If you are using lead, the best we could get out of two different 410s was about a 25 yard killer too.  Just not much out there for 410 that will help it much beyond that.  TSS changes the game. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ChiefBubba

Quote from: g8rvet on March 02, 2021, 02:22:09 PM
Heya Chief.  I don't have an answer, but curious about a few things.  What load are you shooting? If TSS, I would either call Trulock or Sumtoy and find out what they recommend.  All TSS is not made equal either.  There are some better loads than Federal out there for sure-someone posted a pattern with TSS 9x10 that was most impressive out of a 410 - a Stevens 301 I think.  I have been reading on here and I want to get a 410 and kill one turkey with it and then give it to my grandson to use when he is old enough.  If you are using lead, the best we could get out of two different 410s was about a 25 yard killer too.  Just not much out there for 410 that will help it much beyond that.  TSS changes the game.

I've tried a few different TSS shells. The Rogue seems to be the best so far but I'm not getting the numbers at 30 yards like some are saying. I've got a SumToy choke coming and will try that. Bubba

Upfold99

Not sure if your Remington likes something different, but this is apex (not the ninja load) with comp n choke .385.

Have a .380 I have mot shot yet.

Maybe a similar combo would work for you?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

treein dixie

Ive experienced this with about 12, 410 guns and 3-4 different load combos and they all have sucked!  So 20ga it is!

Deast1988

Remington from what I've seen tight chokes. .380-.383

treein dixie

What 410 has Remington built?? 

2nd 100

870 turkey and 1100 . also an 870 express  fixed full .

ShootingABN!

Did you see the Black River Pure Poison below?

Have you tried Nitro 9x10 TSS?