turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

IC or Carlson XR

Started by RiverRoost, February 24, 2021, 02:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

What's everybody seeing between an IC 665 and the Carlson Longbeard XR choke in a SX3? I'm currently shooting a rhino .670 with nitro H518 and want to tighten it up a little. Tried a Jeb's .660 and rhino .660 yesterday and neither one produced a tighter pattern than my .670 rhino. Getting around 255 in a 10 with my .670

lowoctane

Hey! I'm assuming yer shooting LB's? If you are, those numbers are extremely good, IMHO. I have chased the numbers for many years now and have the tubes and surplus rounds to prove it!!! I really don't think that yer gonna see much more in quantity. So, how's the pattern look? Is it clumping or do you have any significant holes in the pattern? You do know that weather conditions affect the pattern as well? No disrespect there my friend! I have spent many dollars on barrel mods and my guns are in that number area with good even patterns at all distances I shoot at. As an aside, back in the day, nobody would've believed possible what we hunt with today! My old 2 3/4" guns were lucky to get 10 pellets at 40 yards and I still got old Mr Tom! I have reconciled myself to being happy with the numbers and patterns I'm getting and have re-focused on the hunt once again and it's a joyful thing!
Good hunting this season and be safe!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

RiverRoost

Thanks for the reply. My load I'm shooting is a nitro blend of 4/5/7. The pattern is nice with a Definite core but several pellets outside the 20 and that's why I'd like to tighten the whole pattern up a bit

Tom007

Quote from: RiverRoost on February 25, 2021, 04:59:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. My load I'm shooting is a nitro blend of 4/5/7. The pattern is nice with a Definite core but several pellets outside the 20 and that's why I'd like to tighten the whole pattern up a bit

I get pretty nice patterns with the same Mag blend load. 3 inch in my 870 Indian Creek .665. Does extremely well with Hevi 13 #7, 2 oz load. This forum gave me this info, it's dead on. Great pattern...good luck...
"Solo hunter"