OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Broke out the mossberg 500 bantam  (Read 2338 times)

Offline jwright8

Broke out the mossberg 500 bantam
« on: February 23, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
Broke out my gun that started it all. Put a red dot on it and got some tss. I’m pleased with it, but am going to try my hand at hand loading next year for possible a better pattern. But this setup is a dead bird no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fmf

Re: Broke out the mossberg 500 bantam
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 10:18:13 PM »
It looks over choked to me, see how the pattern kind of strings from lower left to upper right?. My mossberg 20g didn’t like 555 either and shoots a good bit better with 568.

Offline jwright8

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 10:25:23 PM »
It looks over choked to me, see how the pattern kind of strings from lower left to upper right?. My mossberg 20g didn’t like 555 either and shoots a good bit better with 568.
Quite possible. I may play a little more with it when ammo gets more available. It was just something I put together because the winter got me bored. Probably still catch myself packing my 12 gauge. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll keep it in mind

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 10:39:18 PM »
nice pattern but you can definitely make it better if you want to. I would hunt with it if you want to. I get 130-140 with my 20s and I hunt with them but I dont shoot tss. What red dot is that?

Offline jwright8

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 07:58:42 AM »
nice pattern but you can definitely make it better if you want to. I would hunt with it if you want to. I get 130-140 with my 20s and I hunt with them but I dont shoot tss. What red dot is that?
I get a little over 100 without tss. It is a Sig romeo. They make several different models. Not sure on exact one.

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 11:41:46 PM »
 :newmascot:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 10:17:21 PM »
I could hunt with that
it's not the harvest,it's the chase