OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Matt van Cise ceramic?  (Read 3746 times)

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
Matt van Cise ceramic?
« on: February 21, 2021, 06:22:24 PM »
Just ran up on a video of a ceramic pot by Matt van Cise. Anybody have any experience with this pot?  It’s in cherry/Purpleheart/walnut pot. I’m currently carrying a Halloran ceramic but man this MVC pot is sounding sweet on Facebook

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Matt van Cise ceramic?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:14:47 AM »
Anybody used this call?

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:18 AM »
Anybody used this call?
Matt's proficiency on a pot has sold him a ton of calls. I'd stick with the Halloran if those are your choices you're wanting to choose from.

That being said Stumpy, Lonzo, Mark Cornelius, and Buster Halford all make killer ceramics that I would recommended over those first two options.

Offline letinmfly

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:54 AM »
Amongst the ones already mentioned you may want to check out Richard Gunn also.  Company is Wicked Hen game calls.  Check him out on Facebook and listen to his Sycamore ceramic. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Offline idratherb

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 12:39:58 PM »
Matt could run a stick on a driveway and make it sound good so hard to say.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 05:51:52 PM »
Anybody used this call?
Matt's proficiency on a pot has sold him a ton of calls. I'd stick with the Halloran if those are your choices you're wanting to choose from.

That being said Stumpy, Lonzo, Mark Cornelius, and Buster Halford all make killer ceramics that I would recommended over those first two options.
  X2 .. buy you a pot from one of these builders..

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 07:23:28 PM »
I have had the old k&h ole yeller, Halloran sassy ceramic, Gary Anderson Padauk ceramic, Blackstone cherry ceramic, Pecker wrecker blk limba ceramic and a stumpy walnut ceramic. I'm trying very hard to want to keep this black limba ceramic. 

I am only keeping the stumpy. Hands down best most consistent ceramic I have hunted and killed with.

Matt makes a dynamite pot call but he is also like Eddie Van Halen with a guitar......he can make most pots rip!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:56:09 AM by BTH »
Phil 4:13

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:48:53 AM »
Thanks! I think I’m going to go with a Buster red slate in a persimmon pot

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »
I have several ceramic pots: Mark Cornelius bloodwood/black limba, Pecker Wrecker ceramic, David Halloran ceramic in a purple heart / cherry laminate pot, Jim Shilley ceramic in cherry pot, Stumpy ceramic, Buster Halford ceramic Mahoe pot. Out of all of these Stumpy is not my most favorite amount the list, but it is a good pot.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:55:43 AM »
Thanks! I think I’m going to go with a Buster red slate in a persimmon pot
X2 GREAT choice, i have that one also from Buster alone with 6 others of his...he makes a fine pot call and his craftsmanship is awesome.

Offline Deast1988

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »
Got one don’t use it, it’s decent. But a Daybreak ceramic I’ve yet to find an equal to.

Offline GSUTURK98

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »
X2 on the Daybreak Ceramic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Bringintheh2o

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 06:49:40 PM »
Larry’s red slate in a persimmon pot is a turkey killer for sure. I have that combination plus the ceramic in a Mahoe pot which is just as good along with 3 more pots.  I just got a ceramic in a walnut pot from Travis Wyatt of Sweetbriar Custom Calls which is another outstanding call. Both play and sound very similar. Both are phenomenal callmakers.

Offline TalknTurkey

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 09:55:35 AM »
I just received a daybreak ceramic from a forum member and I will echo what’s been stated in this thread by a few others...it is hands down the best ceramic I’ve run. When the topic of ceramics come up on the forum, you’ll typically see the same 3-4 call makers mentioned. I have owned calls from most of those others that commonly get suggested, but this daybreak is honestly in a league of its own.

Offline UNICOI GOLD

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 10:09:43 AM »
I just received a daybreak ceramic from a forum member and I will echo what’s been stated in this thread by a few others...it is hands down the best ceramic I’ve run. When the topic of ceramics come up on the forum, you’ll typically see the same 3-4 call makers mentioned. I have owned calls from most of those others that commonly get suggested, but this daybreak is honestly in a league of its own.

I guess to each their own