turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Sneed still going strong

Started by Tom007, February 20, 2021, 03:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

EZ Let the man enjoy his call and stop trying to muddy the water insinuating it's not a fact. You're smoke screening.  Lots of not great sounding calls work as well as call techniques. No one is rushing to post a sound file so how could I possibly know if that has changed? I can't. Post one up and show us. If not you'll never sell me nor anyone else that actually compares lots calls. I guess I'll never convince you either. That was never the point. The original thread was to alert folks about an issue. That from this picture has gotten better. That's good. Best of luck with it OP. Hope it calls you a bunch this spring

EZ

Quote from: Bowguy on February 22, 2021, 07:49:42 AM
EZ Let the man enjoy his call and stop trying to muddy the water insinuating it's not a fact. You're smoke screening.  Lots of not great sounding calls work as well as call techniques. No one is rushing to post a sound file so how could I possibly know if that has changed? I can't. Post one up and show us. If not you'll never sell me nor anyone else that actually compares lots calls. I guess I'll never convince you either. That was never the point. The original thread was to alert folks about an issue. That from this picture has gotten better. That's good. Best of luck with it OP. Hope it calls you a bunch this spring

Not trying to muddy any waters or keep the man from enjoying a great call at all.

Mr. Sneed has been around a long time as well as his calls. My experience with him and his calls has been nothing but great. Like I said, I have calls from the best of the best and I love them all and I can run 'em til they're smoking and you'll never catch me without a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen in my vest.

That just my opinion and my experience. There a lot of turkeys wish his calls were never made.

Hoot 000

I hope I'm still able to hunt when I'm 84 as far as the calls I haven't hunted mine much but I know they'll call turkeys, I've killed quite a few in my 40 Years of turkey hunting would not hesitate for one second to use his calls I have the hot h e n, and Outlaw h e n, congratulations on that call.

Tom007

Quote from: Hoot 000 on February 22, 2021, 03:15:35 PM
I hope I'm still able to hunt when I'm 84 as far as the calls I haven't hunted mine much but I know they'll call turkeys, I've killed quite a few in my 40 Years of turkey hunting would not hesitate for one second to use his calls I have the hot h e n, and Outlaw h e n, congratulations on that call.

Thank you, yea his story at 84 still turkey hunting is an inspiration to me, and probably to a lot of us. Be well, be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Vaughnrp2

Mr Sneeds pots are not the best looking calls and I understand how someone could second guess his craftsmanship. But the one call I own of his is all turkey.

Layne

turkey john

Lonnie makes some of the best pot calls out there. Saw one in an old general store on the Va/WV line while bear hunting and bought it. Showed it to my turkey hunting friends and we went back and bought 6 calls. Love the leather case... Talked to Lonnie on the phone and he is one of the best. Give him a call. He loves to talk hunting and especially turkey hunting..... :OGturkeyhead:

Sir-diealot

Greg turned me onto the same call, they really are nice. I was told to try a diamond wood striker on it and it sure did sound good.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."