turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Advise!!! V3 vs Versa Max

Started by napier011, February 19, 2021, 11:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napier011

Hello all, looking for some first hand knowledge on these two shotguns. I seen that the V3 is 3" only vs the Max being 3.5". I know a lot are going to say it's what fits me best and I know that's what it will come down to, but I want to know what you all have chosen and why. Thanks for any and all advice.

Gumby

V3 is a great all around gun. I can't speak to how it patterns turkey loads, but it is my favorite semiauto shotgun I have ever owned. I don't shoot 3.5" so ever had a need for the Versamax but it is essentially the same design

Tom007

Both are great guns, can't beat a Remington. It's all personal preference, and what you will use it for. I would go with what feels best when you handle it. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

btomlin

I have 2 VM guns.  Got a good deal on the 2nd one.  I shoot them well and they fit me.  They are good guns. I use them for waterfowl hunting.  If I were to buy for turkey, I think I would get a V3 due to weight.  I think my VM is heavy but not much of a concern in a cornfield layout blind and the weight helps with follow through on those greenheads and honkers.

ChiefBubba

I've had the Versa Max since almost the first year the came out. I love mine. I use it for everything from Dove's to waterfowl and turkeys. I shoot clays with it too. I use the sights on the gun and it shoots straight but a little high so if I aim at the head i'm hitting the neck. Never was a sight guy. Bubba

Old Gobbler

I have a versamax ...its utterly reliable

The gas piston system is basically a modified copy of the patent ....expired..bennelli m4 gas system , but remington modified it for 3.5 chamber

Opinions are like elbows ,my opinion is that bennelli devised the argo gas system so that it would surpass the usmc reliability standards....

The versa has a extremely light recoil ...it is a bit more heavy than some of the other inertia driven

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hoythunter

I love my v3. It's the 26" mossy oak camo model. I have used it to bust a lot clay birds. Very soft recoil. Put a set of William's firesites on it and a carlsons longbeard xr choke. Shooting 3" longbeards 5 shot it patterns great.