OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Made in the USA

Started by turkeykiller22, February 19, 2021, 10:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyhunter

No long this or that story here, If it's made in the USA I will buy it every time over China virus junk.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!

POk3s

My opinion, I think there's definitely a market for that. You won't get everybody for sure, just look at this post. But you wouldn't get everybody anyway. Your marketing would be key. I've seen it work with Kuiu. There's isn't solely based on a USA made platform but a platform where they are buying the very best materials out there, and the consumer is going to pay a price for it. There is also no middle man markup. People will pay for quality and they'll pay for American made. I don't need a turkey vest at the moment but when I did I would buy your product if it has the quality you say it has and the reputation of it confirms so.

gmbellew

I will pay more for, and seek out made in USA goods. even better if you can add cool features. I'd love to see a pair of lightweight gloves like some old UA ones I have with padded knuckles. or pants with pockets for slip on knee pads and well thought out zippered pockets.

Dazzler

I go out of my way to buy US made.  Difficult to do unfortunately.  Between Day One Camouflage, The Hill People Gear, Kifaru, GGCCH and a few others my hunting aresenal is about as American made as possible.  A US made turkey vest is all that was missing.  I thought my Russell Bros SE3 was made in Alexander City, AL for the longest time.  Upon closer tag inspection it is Cambodia.  Regardless of its country of origin outside of a small tear in the mesh its held up like a tank over the years with no sign of giving up the ghost.

Yoteduster

Quality is everything if you have a top of the line product with superior quality and made in USA, I'd probably pay your price

Sanders153

Quote from: nyhunter on February 19, 2021, 09:44:09 PM
No long this or that story here, If it's made in the USA I will buy it every time over China virus junk.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!

Agreed. One of the big reasons I will buy the Impact vest once it comes back in stock for Bottomland. USA all the way for me

lowoctane

I need to hold my nose when looking at hunting gear. Chinese mfg everywhere. And it ain't cheap!!! Just gotta wonder what the cost was to make the stuff and how much the retailers are really marking the junk up.
I buy USA whenever I can, and usually it's a quality made item. I fear that for your venture the market has been flooded with so many overpriced low quality products that most of us are just looking for something to get us by and not so much what's going to last. Then you find the discounters that buy up close outs and really whore up the market. Retail is really tough my friend!
I do have some made in USA items that are still going strong as well as foreign born things, but I do try and take care of my stuff.
Don't know if I helped you or not sir, and after owning a small business myself, I hear you!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Dazzler

Anyone know if Grounded offers a military discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

More than likely the laptop, I phone and computer everyone is posting to this post with is made in china...

Dazzler

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 06, 2021, 05:59:02 PM
More than likely the laptop, I phone and computer everyone is posting to this post with is made in china...
Do they even make those things in the US anymore?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Dazzler on May 06, 2021, 06:09:13 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 06, 2021, 05:59:02 PM
Do they even make those things in the US anymore?

I wonder the same, do they anymore or did they ever ....

Turkeyman

I have the same problem as many of you. If you don't buy China, Cambodia, Viet Nam et al that means you don't buy...period. We created this problem via two means. One...our good old major companies departed USA and moved manufacturing operations to the near east for the cheap labor. And two...far too many American buyers shop Walmart, Harbor Freight and such because they want to buy the product that is "almost as good" as the more expensive American made.

Solution...import tax on all foreign made goods such that it will equal the price as if made in USA. Will that ever happen...of course not. Why? Too many of our politicians have interests in those foreign countries and their companies where those goods are made. Trump wanted to "drain the swamp" but couldn't do so because the "swamp" consists of, probably, an equal amount of Reps and Dems.

That said, if I can find an American made product which suits my needs I do so...otherwise I'm forced to buy Asian.

Gobbler-one

I go out of my way to seek out products made in America, and am willing to pay a little higher price to purchase them. I'm not wealthy by no means and there was a time when raising my family that economics and the family budget dictated what I was able to afford. The four kids are grown now with only one left in college, so when it comes to areas of my interest like hunting, fishing, tools etc. I try to purchase quality made in America.

howl

If the same item made to the same standard is available for $15, then it isn't actually worth $40. It's worth $15. If it's higher quality, then that's another story. If we're talking something like Patagonia or Filson, then yeah.

West Augusta

I wear Carhartt camo bibs when hunting.  Noisy yes and expensive but they do hold up to the briars and barbed wire.  Also made in the US.  Not sure where my shirts are made but probably not here.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.