OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkeys for Tomorrow?

Started by tjh24, February 18, 2021, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjh24

I've been seeing a lot of people sharing a new page or group on social media.... Turkeys for tomorrow.  It sounds like a back to the basics organization that actually want to help the turkeys.  I know NWTF has a pretty bad reputation these days..

Does anyone know about this and can share any information on the new group.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tjh24

Me too, but figured it can't hurt.  I also bought some traps this year. Never done it before, but figured if I can help take out sone nest predators, it will help my local birds

GobbleGitr

For sure the wild turkey needs more people helping it given population declines in much of the country, and increased hunting pressure (will see if the covid-factor holds true again this year).  I like that TFT is focused on wild turkeys instead of membership growth.  Doesn't look like there will be a bunch of facility assets, inflated salaries, and non-turkey events to deplete their funds and core mission.

Cowboy

Haven't seen it yet. Going to check it though.

Turkeytider

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 18, 2021, 12:59:57 PM
I've already joined up

Me too. Hope that they are a leaner, more focused NWTF.

btomlin

Quote from: tjh24 on February 18, 2021, 01:01:34 PM
Me too, but figured it can't hurt.  I also bought some traps this year. Never done it before, but figured if I can help take out sone nest predators, it will help my local birds

I hope you find enjoyment is setting your steel!  We need more trappers in the ranks as well!   :anim_25:

JMBknvc

Quote from: Turkeytider on February 25, 2021, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on February 18, 2021, 12:59:57 PM
I've already joined up

Me too. Hope that they are a leaner, more focused NWTF.

Well, add another new member. 

tjh24

I'm definitely interested to see which direction it heads. Social media is a powerful tool, both good and bad.  There seems to be a lot of chatter around declining bird numbers, but no real clear plan on how to actually make a difference.  Hopefully they can start to reverse the trend and really put the money to good use.

ChesterCopperpot

I actually tried to donate today through their website and PayPal kicked it back. Hope they fix that. The concept is brilliant and I hope the range and scope don't change if and when it really gets off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Pavo Grande

I've spent some time on their page reviewing how the organization came to be, what their concerns are, and plan to join and support. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: btomlin on February 25, 2021, 04:04:49 PM
Quote from: tjh24 on February 18, 2021, 01:01:34 PM

I hope you find enjoyment is setting your steel!  We need more trappers in the ranks as well!   :anim_25:
Trapping is a lot of fun, even if you only get a few grinners you have helped the population. Learn to milk skunks and you can make a lot more than you realize.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

I'm liking the ones that are on that TFT Board. Good folks. I'll join up. 

3bailey3

The Jolly's are good people, i will join!

slicksbeagles1

I'm in already! As stated a good group of people! PayPal worked for me!