OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whats your temperature?

Started by Old Gobbler, February 18, 2021, 05:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

got 4in last night was bout 15 this morning,,,, Bad part is we got round 2ft on the ground and got heavy sleet monday and temp dropped to round 9 degree that night so  got heavy ice layer on top snow my part pa think we average 80  90in year snow 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

EastKyGobblerSlayer

33 and snowing in Southeast, KY, been a mess with the Ice storms and power outages and the hills are covered in broken timber. Wish it was opening morning already and winter was something far away at the end of the year lol

roberthyman14

Its 50 here in the panhandle.  Gonna be cold in the morning. 2 weekends left of deer season.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

bigriverbum

Quote from: roberthyman14 on February 18, 2021, 08:35:49 PM
Its 50 here in the panhandle.  Gonna be cold in the morning. 2 weekends left of deer season.

that's crazy. our regular deer gun season ended almost 3 months ago. archery for some counties dealing with chronic wasting disease at the end of january.

roberthyman14

Quote from: bigriverbum on February 18, 2021, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: roberthyman14 on February 18, 2021, 08:35:49 PM

that's crazy. our regular deer gun season ended almost 3 months ago. archery for some counties dealing with chronic wasting disease at the end of january.
Yeah we have a very liberal season. Archery opens October 20ish.  And our muzzeloader season will end next Sunday with General rifle beginning Thanksgiving day.  Quick turn around because turkey season starts March 20th or so

Tail Feathers

East Texas.  It hit 32 today and we got water back.  Had power most all of the time of this storm thankfully.
We hit 18 tonight and maybe 38 tomorrow.
The big thaw should be this weekend.  We have already had a LOT of broken pipes, even water mains.  This was a record setting storm on the low temps, and the length we stayed below freezing.
Next week, 50's and 60's for high temps.  Maybe the plumbers and electricians can catch up.
And God bless these folks in bucket trucks fixing power lines!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bigriverbum

we didn't get above 0 for about 2 weeks straight. yesterday morning i was about to leave for work and we got water coming up out of the floor drain in our basement.  i'm assuming the drain pipe to our town main line was getting backed/frozen up

i spent all day pouring warm salt water down our drains to fix it. pipes cleared up in the afternoon.

had our pipes freeze during the polar vortex 2 years ago. was -20 for days with a peak at -35 one day.  our heat stopped working(radiators) and i got locked out of the house from my black lab. went to close a window banging in the wind and he shut the door behind me. i was in socks and sweat pants and it was -30 out. my neighbor gave me some old man velcro shoes and i sat at the bar til my wife got home from work

when it warm up a TON a few days later the frozen pipes burst and he had water in the basement

i'd never wish that crap on anyone

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!