turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cabelas Tactical Tatr Hydration Mod

Started by spiggy2, February 17, 2021, 06:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiggy2

I own a tactical tatr two vest and I'm thinking of carrying a hydration bladder with me this year instead of a water bottle on the side. I'd rather have that on my back and out of the way then on my side personally. Has anyone made a modification to their vest and added a pouch on the back similar to the Alps Grand Slam vest? Or have another way to carry one?
Thanks guys!
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

tjh24

Yup, I did it this year. I just took a knife and cut a slit right at the top of the vest, on the back near the hanging handle. The bladder slips right down in between the back fabric and the cushion.  I need to hem the edge of the fabric, but it will work great .

spiggy2

Any issue with the bladder going to far down in the vest? Or did it sit just fine?
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

tjh24

It sits there fine. It really can't go too far down. It's not that deep