turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Fun Project

Started by culpeper, February 17, 2021, 08:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

I had forgotten, but this was the last wood burning I did about 2 years...for a friend.  He wanted a scene on 4 calls representing the 4 sub-species, from the top down, An Eastern Gobbler screaming at his hen across the creek in an open spring hardwood bottom on American Beech, then a Merriam's Gobbler roosted in a big Ponderosa Pine as he calls out in the early morn hoping to attract company on Black Cherry, then, A Rio Grande Gobbler a hen and a jake who just got the point to get lost, along side an old two-track and homestead in the southern midwest grasslands on Maple and finally, the Osceola Gobbler strutting for his two favorite hens under an Oak Hammock in southern Florida on Persimmon.

For me, this will always and forever be my best/favorite work.  And while I was happy with how they all turned out, I am just a call maker, I will always admire and look up to the professional work by Kelly Puckett, David Ferguson and Eric Rice.

Greg Massey

Still that's some awesome work..beautiful...

3bailey3

Tom007

Wow, real nice work, real nice......
"Solo hunter"

West Augusta

You do great work Scott.  Hope y'all are staying warm up there.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

tlh2865

fishr64

Your friend got some amazing calls in those 4!!