turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Badlands Gear

Started by Foss5469, February 17, 2021, 07:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foss5469

Has anyone ever tried the Badlands line of clothing/camo? Looking for something a little different that is good quality.

Tom007

Yes, very high quality. I love their new turkey vest. I think you will like the quality..

Stoeger_bird

I have some and I will have to second what Tom007 said. Very well made.  At first I didn't like the pattern up close  but it grew on me over time.  I have the Ion pants, seal 1/4 inch zipper shirt, and just a light weight long sleeved shirt. All 3 are great. I personally like the Approach fx pattern better.
T.W.D.W.D.

Tom007

Quote from: Stoeger_bird on February 17, 2021, 08:25:44 AM
I have some and I will have to second what Tom007 said. Very well made.  At first I didn't like the pattern up close  but it grew on me over time.  I have the Ion pants, seal 1/4 inch zipper shirt, and just a light weight long sleeved shirt. All 3 are great. I personally like the Approach fx pattern better.

I had the same thought on the vest pattern. But I quickly realized when I laid my vest next to a big tree in the NY mountains, the camo blended real well. Most of the mountain trees have a greenish moss looking growth on the bark. Blends right in....

slicksbeagles1

I have the ion pants, the light weight top that has a hood with face mask built in, and the hat in approach. The only thing I wish is the pants had knee pads like Sitka. The best time to buy is at Christmas and when they run specials. I picked up the rolling duffel this Christmas I think it was 40% off.  My pants, shirt, hat, and calor jacket (which I don't care for it's to stiff and bulky to pack)I got the year before last for what 1 piece of Sitka cost. You can't go wrong all have lifetime warranty.

Howie g

If there clothes are as good as there packs then I'd recommend.
I've used a badlands back pack for deer hunting for several seasons , it's been a great pack and I'm ruff on equipment.

POk3s

Guess my experience is different than those above. I regularly backpack hunt out west where their products were originally pushed (they are based out of Utah). I had to send my pack back multiple times to get zippers fixed. Then had a zipper fail and also had the plastic frame SNAP while packing out an elk. So, to me their stuff is far from the highest quality, however they have a lifetime warranty, it's just if you trust your gear long enough to get you out of a bind to be able to get home and send the stuff in. Turkey hunting in the backyard, you'll be fine, but don't trust those zippers!

Bowguy

I never knew they even made a vest but I have a day pack and fanny pack for years. They're used lots and hard. Never the slightest trouble.

tlh2865

I love their packs, I have wanted to get their vest but I'm not in the market for a new one right now