OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mounting a Burris Fast Fire III on a Mossberg 930  (Read 3080 times)

Offline ChiefOsceola

Mounting a Burris Fast Fire III on a Mossberg 930
« on: February 16, 2021, 08:04:23 PM »
For those of you that have a Mossberg 930 (I think the 500’s are drilled and tapped the same), how are you mounting a Burris FFIII? The speed bead isn’t an option on the Mossbergs due to the tang safety. I know I can put a rail along the length of the receiver, but I’d like the optic to sit as low as possible and I don’t see a need for a rail that long..

I would love any advice or recommendations. Pictures would be super helpful too. Thanks in advance!

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
Re: Mounting a Burris Fast Fire III on a Mossberg 930
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 08:13:49 PM »
Sumtoy makes a small very low mount that fits on your receiver. Next best option is a Meadow creek rib mount. No drilling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline ChiefOsceola

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 10:04:09 AM »
Sumtoy makes a small very low mount that fits on your receiver. Next best option is a Meadow creek rib mount. No drilling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you! I’ll reach out to SumToy today.

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 12:03:30 PM »
The burris 336 mount will fit also. Theres also a mount made by OR3GUN for 930's that works with the ff3.

Offline ChiefOsceola

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 06:51:56 PM »
The burris 336 mount will fit also. Theres also a mount made by OR3GUN for 930's that works with the ff3.
Thank you. I didn’t see this until after I called SumToy and ordered their mount.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 01:24:57 PM »
Thank you. I didn’t see this until after I called SumToy and ordered their mount.

Have you got your Sumtoy mount in and mounted? Sighted in?

How do you like it?

Can you post some pictures?

Thanks.

Offline ChiefOsceola

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 01:06:01 AM »

Have you got your Sumtoy mount in and mounted? Sighted in?

How do you like it?

Can you post some pictures?

Thanks.

I have the mount, but I haven't even opened the package yet. I've had some things come up recently and I haven't been able to spend any time focused around hunting. Sorry I can't be of much help right now, but once I mount it I'll respond with a review and pictures.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 09:31:36 PM »
I just put on a Meadow Creek mount for my AT3 ARO.  So far I love it! Won't get used until 2022. So I've got time to play with her.

I did notice I have a star burst effect, but not when I'm wearing my glasses....