OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Million dollar wager to kill one bird

Started by ChesterCopperpot, February 16, 2021, 04:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Probably just my wing bone because I'm confident with it and I've called a lot of birds with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

neal

Tube call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Hooksfan

MS TurkeyHunter

A modified ghost cut made especially for myself. Have not used any other mouth call for years now as it's my go to. Really getting into using a Wingbone callers so that's a close second!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Well, I would be too choked up thinkin about that million $, I  couldn't blow a mouth call. I'd have to "Indian Bill" him.

Gobbler428

It would have to a "coin toss" between my Richard Hudson Dymondwood/Limba hen box and Ralph Permar 1940, Either one will work and my guess would be late morning after he had finished entertaining all his lady friends he spent the night with.

GobbleNut

I would go the "Texas Turkey Shoot" route myself.  Pay some landowner a couple of G's, go sit at the nearest feeder, and mow 'em down.  I'd pick up the nearest blade of grass, stick it in my mouth, and suck on it a couple of times to say I was callin' 'em in!  Might even try to make it a challenge and line 'em all up and get my four-bird limit with one shot.  Hmmm, ...wonder if that would mean I get four million in the deal?... ;D

Now, if I really had to go "turkey Huntin", at this point in time I would stick with a triple-reed, .004 yellow/.003 black/.003 green in a tight-stretched, clipped-wing V-cut "Gobbler Clobbler".   :icon_thumright:

Oh yeah, and under the current conditions, I would make sure that Texas blind was heated. Don't want my little tootsies to get cold while I'm callin' all them gobblers in!   :angel9:

eggshell

This is interesting, so after all the chest thumping over the years over doing turkey hunting right, a lot if not most of us would compromise our standards for a million dollars. Sign me up, he's dead however I can do it, the hell with standards. I can repent everyday as I enjoy the rest of my retirement days financially secure. In the end it's just a damn bird...life rules. So that brings up a point why do we get our panties all bunched up over how anyone else does it when money changes our approach?

davisd9

Doubt I wold do anything different than I currently do.  A million dollars would be great but even if I did not meet the terms I already won by being in the spring woods.  Pressure makes mistakes.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

GobbleNut

Quote from: davisd9 on February 17, 2021, 08:09:48 AM
Doubt I wold do anything different than I currently do.  A million dollars would be great but even if I did not meet the terms I already won by being in the spring woods.  Pressure makes mistakes.

I think you're missing the part about "it's a bet",...which to me means that if you didn't kill a gobbler in a day, you OWED the other guy a million dollars.  I suspect that would add an itty-bitty amount of pressure to that "it's just another day in the spring woods" attitude!   :angel9: ;D :D

davisd9

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 17, 2021, 08:24:05 AM

I think you're missing the part about "it's a bet",...which to me means that if you didn't kill a gobbler in a day, you OWED the other guy a million dollars.  I suspect that would add an itty-bitty amount of pressure to that "it's just another day in the spring woods" attitude!   :angel9: ;D :D

Then I would pass on the bet.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

GobbleNut

Quote from: davisd9 on February 17, 2021, 08:28:25 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on February 17, 2021, 08:24:05 AM

Then I would pass on the bet.

I suspect a lot of us would get "tight-sphincter syndrome" if a bet like this was a reality!   ;D :laugh:

eggshell

I could bet a million, now paying off a million might be a problem. Can I pay it off $10.00 a month interest free.

If I was to limit myself to the standard ethics and a call, I'd probably go with a woodhaven copperhead.

guesswho

I'd take that bet all day long any day.   And if I lost I'd just call it student debt and let someone else worry about paying it.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

As the challenge was layed out i would accept it immediately. And then take a 30 pack of beer and my shotgun up to the neighbors and hand him the beer, shoot one of his "free range" gobblers and then we can sit and have a few more beers. Since a wild turkey was not specified that should do the trick. I have called them in enough to have already satisfied that end of the " hunt".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club