OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunter 22

Started by Bowguy, February 16, 2021, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Spring is coming. I made this post last year. I don't know the man personally but let's remember Hunter 22, his accomplishments and collections as well as all the rest won't be seeing this spring. There's plenty for sure.  Thank God we all get to. Sure wherever they're at the birds are gobbling. Hope you all have a good, safe season and invite a kid along. Don't forget the girls

Wigsplitter

Hunter 22 was a helpful and knowledgeable giant on this forum ! I did not know him personally but his advice and recommendations were always spot on!! I also think of him when spring gets close- many of my pots and strikers were at his recommendation!!

MO_HUNTER

I was looking through a couple of my PMs on another site and I saw Hunter22s messages. Man, he was a wealth of knowledge, I wish I would have e been able to stop by and spend the day running calls with him. I'm glad I have his PMs to look at. He as well as the others will be missed!

davisd9

Miss Mr. Ricky very much. Always enjoyed speaking with him and sharing sound files.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Always enjoyed chatting with him. He really enjoyed his call collection...

ol bob

Great Man, better I'm a person from knowing him.

Tom007

Did not have the honor of knowing, but from what you all say, he was an Icon here. God bless him, and all of you for a safe, healthy, successful, and fun spring.....Thanks...

KYHeadhunter02

That man is definitely missed! Seems like he touched a lot of lives!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

mwr

Miss you Ricky!!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 16, 2021, 10:34:43 AM
He really enjoyed his call collection...

And he let us enjoy his collection with him. Always appreciated his meticulous photos of his calls. And he would drop everything to help you out if you needed it. Another one of the good guys.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Tom Dooley

Several years ago Ricky was very helpful to me when I started buying custom pots. The first one I bought he recommended and it is still the one I use the most today. Before he passed we talked about his faith and he assured me he knew Jesus and knew where he would be spending eternity. I also still have pm's  from him that I will not delete. Im very thankful for the time and advice he shared with me

vt35mag

I have a mora/apple fiddlebox that was his. I should make it a goal to take a gobbler this spring with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: vt35mag on February 16, 2021, 08:13:16 PM
I have a mora/apple fiddlebox that was his. I should make it a goal to take a gobbler this spring with it.

I think he'd like that.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Bowguy

Quote from: vt35mag on February 16, 2021, 08:13:16 PM

That would be a great idea

Spitten and drummen

Ricky was a great guy that I was proud to call a friend. We did alot of trading over the years.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE