only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex Turkey ninja

Started by vtstrutter, February 14, 2021, 09:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtstrutter

Anyone shooting these shells in #8.5? Just wondering how they perform

ahfox16

With you.  I couldn't find 9 Ninja and bought 3 boxes of the 8.5 to try out of my Remington with a .570 Sumtoy.  PS. They have not arrived yet.

vtstrutter

I just ordered 3 boxes myself. See how it goes. I cant imagine there is a huge differenc between 8.5 and 9 shot

Big Pine

I haven't  shot the ninja, but I scored some of the apex 3" #8 GT-20 and it throws an exceptional pattern out of my 26" barreled 870 with .568 choke so I bet the ninjas will shoot lights out.

ahfox16

Arrived today. Given the weather, it might be while before a trigger gets pulled.

fmf

i haven't shot them in my 20 bit ive got a couple boxes in 12 and they shoot roughly he same as the gt's for me

vtstrutter

I was able to find 3 boxes of federal heavy weight #9s. I'll see how they compare

Stick

Not counting pellets, but they shot about the same as the GT 9's and Small Town 7's and 9's out my SX3 with a Kicks 570 and buddies Franchi (with a Carlson's 568 if I'm not mistaken). Plenty good enough to kill a turkey at 40 yards.  I'll be shooting the Ninja's this season.

albrubacker

I will be trying them when it warms up a bit.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

vtstrutter

I'm going to try and get out next weekend and do some testing.

ahfox16

First trigger pull today.  250 in the 10" circle at 40 yards using a sumtoy .562 and 870 SPS-T.  I will be shooting that load this year for sure.

albrubacker

Sounds like a hammer!  :OGturkeyhead: Great picture!
Quote from: ahfox16 on March 10, 2021, 03:46:17 PM
First trigger pull today.  250 in the 10" circle at 40 yards using a sumtoy .562 and 870 SPS-T.  I will be shooting that load this year for sure.

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

owlhoot

Quote from: ahfox16 on March 10, 2021, 03:46:17 PM

What is that??
Man that's purty!

ahfox16

Got my pics switched.  That's my upland bird gun.  Fox Sterlingworth made in 1932.  Restocked and made to fit me.  That's a Grouse I shot with it in Michigan

crow

Great looking Fox sxs, beautiful wood

if you shot that bird with 250 in the 10" you would have some nice grouse liver pate.  :newmascot: