OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: sbe 1 barrel  (Read 1285 times)

Offline ar21angler

sbe 1 barrel
« on: February 14, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »
guys i recently aquired a sbe 1 barre it is 24 inches and has the mobil choke system.  I have a question for you guys how reliable is his barrel and do they shoot good like a sbe 2. have you guys every had a barrel refinished. this barrel is blued and my benelli sbe 2 has a matt finish. I also need to have it drilled and tapped. Should i keep it and have it refinished? What kind of finished should i go with for it to have the matte flat finish my gun has? Should i have the forcing cone lenghtened? I have a razor that will go on it or should i send it back and wait for the backordered barrels from benelli?

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: sbe 1 barrel
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 07:37:46 AM »
I have the SBE 1. One of my favorites. You could have it re-done in matte to match yours. In my opinion, they are very reliable barrels. Good luck...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Shoreguy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:15:43 PM »
I shoot a SBE 1 and it has been reliable but mine is in camo.  I bought a b square that goes around the reciever to mount my vortex venom.  I dont think its the best method but it works and I can remove it and use the gun for bird hunting as well. 

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 07:39:23 PM »
Good luck with it....be safe
“Solo hunter”

Offline ar21angler

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 07:55:40 PM »
i sent it back after pricing the cost to get it how i want it iwould have been better off getting another gun so that is what i did i found a deadstock sbe 2 with 24 inch barrel

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 09:06:58 AM »
i sent it back after pricing the cost to get it how i want it iwould have been better off getting another gun so that is what i did i found a deadstock sbe 2 with 24 inch barrel

That’s a beauty, best of luck. I am a big Benelli fan....be safe....
“Solo hunter”