turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help with 20 GA choke suggestions

Started by lunghit, February 14, 2021, 06:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

I decided to give a 20 a try this year and going to use my Benelli Montefeltro with a 26" barrel. I am looking to use 3" TSS in either 7.5 or 8's. I want to pick up a choke or two to try out so any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ron
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Ozarks Hillbilly

Indian Creek seam to work really well in about every application that I have seen.  Their like DrainO just pour it in and it works.  Midway USA has them on sale right now as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

chatterbox

I have had excellent luck with a SumToy .562-5 in my Mossberg 500, and my H&R 20 gauge.
No matter what shell I have shot, I get excellent results from that choke!
I would also recommend trying Indian Creek as well.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunghit

I have had excellent luck with my Indian creeks in my 12 gauges so I will be picking up one of them. Midway only has the .555 in stock right now for the Benelli so is that a good constriction for TSS. I think it seems a little tight.

chatterbox

Quote from: lunghit on February 14, 2021, 07:13:28 PM
I have had excellent luck with my Indian creeks in my 12 gauges so I will be picking up one of them. Midway only has the .555 in stock right now for the Benelli so is that a good constriction for TSS. I think it seems a little tight.
It sounds a little tight, but I don't know much about IC chokes except by reputation.
Hopefully someone with more experience with them will chime in.

lunghit

chatterbox

Quote from: lunghit on February 15, 2021, 07:34:48 PM
Ordered a Sumtoy in .570 to start
Excellent choice! William makes a fine choke tube, and he will work with you until you are satisfied!

lunghit

Quote from: chatterbox on February 16, 2021, 07:49:12 PM
Quote from: lunghit on February 15, 2021, 07:34:48 PM
Ordered a Sumtoy in .570 to start
Excellent choice! William makes a fine choke tube, and he will work with you until you are satisfied!

Good to know. This will be my first Sumtoy choke and I hear great things about it. I am looking forward to see what it does.