turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester SX4 2021 shot show special

Started by lunghit, February 12, 2021, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

I am very interested in this gun but it's a 2021 Shot show special. From what I am hearing it's a special order and won't be available till later in the year. Does anyone have any experience ordering a gun released at the shot show? How long does this usually take? The few dealers I called really had no idea and said they can't order a SHOT show special. Thanks

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/super-x4-current-products/sx4-waterfowl-hunter-woodland.html
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on February 12, 2021, 06:59:56 PM
I am very interested in this gun but it's a 2021 Shot show special. From what I am hearing it's a special order and won't be available till later in the year. Does anyone have any experience ordering a gun released at the shot show? How long does this usually take? The few dealers I called really had no idea and said they can't order a SHOT show special. Thanks
https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/super-x4-current-products/sx4-waterfowl-hunter-woodland.html

Real nice looking. Browning Maxus has a similar type camo coming out in 2021 too. Sharp.....best of luck...
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

That's good to know. If the Browning becomes available this year and seems easier to get I might order one of those. I looked and they do look nice.

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on February 12, 2021, 08:53:56 PM
That's good to know. If the Browning becomes available this year and seems easier to get I might order one of those. I looked and they do look nice.

Best of luck, they are both nice....
"Solo hunter"

Stingray

I just found a 20 ga with the timber camo and FDE Cerakote , 26 in barrel, but wanting the one with the woodland camo ,

lunghit

Now I am thinking of having my Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge dipped and turned into a dedicated turkey gun. That gun is so light, slim and easy to carry. I wonder if it will be too light with 3" TSS loads. 

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on February 14, 2021, 01:32:33 PM
Now I am thinking of having my Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge dipped and turned into a dedicated turkey gun. That gun is so light, slim and easy to carry. I wonder if it will be too light with 3" TSS loads.

I think you will love it, great gun..
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

I'm going to do it. Going to send it to Tarjac for a dip and order an Indian creek choke. The hard part is I have to find someone that has 20 gauge TSS 8's in stock now.

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on February 14, 2021, 03:54:49 PM
I'm going to do it. Going to send it to Tarjac for a dip and order an Indian creek choke. The hard part is I have to find someone that has 20 gauge TSS 8's in stock now.

You will find them my friend. Best of luck.........
"Solo hunter"

RiverRoost

I've heard the sx4 don't shoot as good as the sx3 and earlier and that folks are wanting the 3's and older. Any truth to that?

lunghit

Quote from: RiverRoost on February 17, 2021, 12:41:29 PM
I've heard the sx4 don't shoot as good as the sx3 and earlier and that folks are wanting the 3's and older. Any truth to that?

I have read the same thing but there are tons of great reviews also. The gas system is the same so it seems like people are complaining more about the little cosmetic changes to the SX4.