OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rogue tss

Started by jwm1485, February 11, 2021, 06:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwm1485

Anyone seen the new rogue tss? Its made by the guy from jebs chokes.

Parrot Head

Tried to find info online and couldnt find anything

jwm1485

Parrot Head

Greg Massey

Yes , it came up on my facebook today and i looked it over. Price's are mostly inline with Apex.

jwm1485

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 11, 2021, 07:49:58 PM
Yes , it came up on my facebook today and i looked it over. Price's are mostly inline with Apex.
Yeah thats where i saw it.

Gooserbat

There's one of the guys there at jebs , I forgot his name, that is pretty knowledgeable on tss.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

deerhunt1988

More competition, more competitive pricing.  :icon_thumright:

Muzzy61

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 12, 2021, 08:39:27 AM
More competition, more competitive pricing.  :icon_thumright:

We can only hope....
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

spiggy2

Any differences between this and Apex? I'm just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

davisd9

Quote from: spiggy2 on February 12, 2021, 03:42:19 PM
Any differences between this and Apex? I'm just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it has a funky wad like Federal, TSS is TSS and the only thing that puts one above the other is the marketing.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

skimerhorn

I saw they make a 1 7/8 load for a 20ga. Wow

davisd9

Quote from: skimerhorn on February 12, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
I saw they make a 1 7/8 load for a 20ga. Wow

Lot of wasted shot
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

PalmettoRon

TSS like other loads shoots differently. In my guns, Federal and Browning are not very good when compared to Nitro and Apex. Apex when initially released was not reliable. My buddy and I had misfires and jammed shells. Apex was very receptive to our issues and made everything right. Fortunately we still filled our tags on that hunt. I use Apex in one gun and Nitro in another based on patterning. Both work great for me. However, there's nothing like gilding the lilly, so I'll pattern Rogue to see if there is even a slight benefit. TSS is the equivalent of having multiple nukes aimed at a city. It's overkill. It's not necessary, but it does build confidence. Aim high and chew carefully my friends!

Kyle_Ott

If I was looking to buy TSS loads from anyone it would be TSSshot.

Hal Abbott partnered with another guy to bring his expertise to the commercial market.  Hal has also forgotten more about TSS than anyone in the shotshell industry will ever know. 

I've been really pleased with their shells and have no desire to press another shell for myself.