Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recovery from 2 surgeries, Blessed to hunt Minnesota + video!

Started by ShootingABN!, February 09, 2021, 11:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootingABN!

My spring started off BAD. I had surgery on 9 March 2020. 12" of intestine removed, robotic surgery. Lots of pain the first day of recovery. Was released from hospital in 3 days. Then had to return I had a bad infection, which required another surgery to remove and an addition drain to be placed, giving me a total of 3. Well they doctor finally cleared me.

I was blessed with a hunt. I traveled to Minnesota and hunted with Shane Simpson and his daughter Brooke. This hunt will forever be special in my heart. To be shoulder to shoulder with her and Shane. To feel the bird Drum, it shook my chest. That gobble shook my chest. I loved it. I'd like to share this video with you please watch it here.
https://youtu.be/gPx6PqSYg34

Then the next day we had a blast. Having little over a month to recover from the surgery was hard on me pulling those hills, in the mountains. My body was still recovering, however hearing those birds gobble... Made my heart swell with joy and excitement. I wasn't going to be the fastest getting there. But they was no way I wasn't going to get to those birds. I hope yall will watch this video also and subscribe to Shane Simpson.
https://youtu.be/b5n9LVtozJE

I give Glory to God for my health and recovery. Special thanks to Mr Simpson and his family for taking time to hunt with me, and allowing me to be apart of the hunt.

Thank you all. I hope you all enjoy the video's, good luck this season.
God Bless

jgard

Delmar ODonnell

It was a great video. Glad you were able to recover and have such an experience. It looks like it would be a blast to hunt with Shane and his daughter.

Tom007

Fantastic. We are all grateful for your recovery my friend. The only ones that I think are not so happy are those gobblers you have and will be pursuing. Best of luck.....be safe

Mossberg90MN

Great videos! Big fan of Shane's, really good self filmed. Congrats on the hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk