turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Texas trespass hunt

Started by Kygobblergetter, February 07, 2021, 07:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

Does anyone know anywhere in Texas where I could hunt for a trespass fee? I'm not interested in paying an outfitter and hunting over a feeder. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

You might contact Texas Parks and Wildlife about it.  I seem to remember someone saying that they could provide a list of contacts,...or tell you where you could find out that information. 

ChiefBubba

There's probably more feeders out there in Texas then houses. Best you'll probably can do is hunt around them. Bubba

GobbleNut

Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 08, 2021, 05:10:03 PM
There's probably more feeders out there in Texas then houses. Best you'll probably can do is hunt around them. Bubba

Yeah, that is an unfortunate reality associated with hunting in Texas.  Those of us that refuse to hunt over feeders and feeder-habituated birds can get frustrated real fast by that.  On the other hand, if you are happy with hunting around them and are a body counter, a guy should be able to mow down four gobblers pretty easily there!   :-X   ::)

Kygobblergetter

I think I'll look in to public land. I just don't have any interest in hunting birds coming to a feeder

GobbleNut

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on February 08, 2021, 11:26:34 PM
I think I'll look in to public land. I just don't have any interest in hunting birds coming to a feeder

Good luck with that in Texas,....not much public land, if any, available,..at least for Rios. 
In addition, I am sure there are some properties where you could avoid the "feeder hunting" problem.  The point to be made, though, is if you want to avoid having to hunt that way, make sure you thoroughly discuss that with anybody/anyplace you might decide to go.  In general, there seems to be this mindset in Texas that "hunting" and "feeders" go together.   :toothy12: :angel9:

Jmarek

Since I'm in Virginia I have a friend that lives in Texas and I let him set it up but he finds someone with a deer lease that doesn't hunt spring turkeys so for a couple hundred dollars we get to hunt on the lease for turkeys and all the feeders are empty at that time -  plenty of birds and none of them are going to the feeders and usually coyotes and hogs are thrown in for free

ChiefBubba

A few years ago I hunted in Texas and got my Rio there. I was able to hunt away from the feeders that I was comfortable enough with. Bird I killed never even thought about the feeder. I called it down a fence line. It can be done it's not like the have feeders every 50 yards. Bubba

Texforce

Check out Texas HuntingForum.com---look around that site and see what you might can find. I know that there is an Outfitter / Guide section that might get you on the right track. Plenty of birds to kill in Texas, that won't be going to a feeder, in the Spring.
Good Huntin'