OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Western Pennsylvania  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Mike13

Western Pennsylvania
« on: February 07, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »
Looking for any suggestions for starting points for areas to check out to hunt PA this spring. I live in NE Ohio roughly an hour from PA. Hunted PA for the first time this fall during deer season. Considering heading to Allegheny National forest to camp and hunt. I would appreciate any input or suggestions  I don’t expect anyone to share their secret spots. Thanks!

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 03:47:58 PM »
Your on the right track with the ANF Lot of turkeys find a campsite and have at em. ANF is so big I could tell you go here for turks and they wouldnt be there youll have to go there scouting a bit before the opener.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline jaredmccullough

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 06:32:10 AM »
Looking for any suggestions for starting points for areas to check out to hunt PA this spring. I live in NE Ohio roughly an hour from PA. Hunted PA for the first time this fall during deer season. Considering heading to Allegheny National forest to camp and hunt. I would appreciate any input or suggestions  I don’t expect anyone to share their secret spots. Thanks!

Where you from in NE Ohio? I live on the Pa/Oh border on the Pa side of Rogers/East Palenstine. If you are around this area of of Ohio I would be more than willing to show you a few spots that are only 5 to 10 mins across the border.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 07:28:06 AM »

Where you from in NE Ohio? I live on the Pa/Oh border on the Pa side of Rogers/East Palenstine. If you are around this area of of Ohio I would be more than willing to show you a few spots that are only 5 to 10 mins across the border.

That a generous offer my friend...good for you....your the kind of person we all welcome in this forum....be safe
“Solo hunter”

Offline Mike13

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:24:21 AM »

Wow! That’s quite the generous offer! I will send you a PM. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 07:44:55 AM »

Not an offer you'll see just every day............

Kudos to a very generous fellow !!!!!     :theman:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.