OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 870s

Started by USMC0331, February 04, 2021, 08:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMC0331

March 1st will be the starting date of RemArms. The first production firearm with be the 870.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 04, 2021, 08:04:38 AM
March 1st will be the starting date of RemArms. The first production firearm with be the 870.

Their profits would sky rocket if their first 870's included the Original bottomland, and Green Leaf. Wouldn't that be great....be safe, glad they are coming back......

trkehunr93

Great to see Remington will still be around and workers will be back making a great firearm.

davisd9

Glad to see this, but hope the quality is better than the last 15 years or so.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

rakkin6

I haven't bought a Remington Firearm in a while. So can't speak to their firearms but the quality of their newer ammo had me disappointed. I hunt a slug only area and had several light strikes from different lots with their Accutips 12 gauge slugs. First time it cost me a nice 10 pointer. Went back to the range and fired off some Hornady with no problem so I knew it wasn't the firing pin. Then tried two different lots of the Accutips and had several light strikes. This was about 3 years ago. Needless to say I quit using all Remington ammo after this.

Regardless I am super happy that an iconic American company is getting a fresh start along with American workers and hopefully the quality control will be much better under new management.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

USMC0331

I've see where a lot of people complain about Remington quality but have not experienced it at all. Almost every firearm I own is Remington however I never bought the walmart or entry level version . If it indeed it was happening ,hopefully it will all go well this time around. Looking forward to buying from them again.

reflexl

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 04, 2021, 08:52:26 AM
I've see where a lot of people complain about Remington quality but have not experienced it at all. Almost every firearm I own is Remington however I never bought the walmart or entry level version . If it indeed it was happening ,hopefully it will all go well this time around. Looking forward to buying from them again.

From experience the last few years of supermags were mostly junk. I had problems with two. I found out that around 30,000 of them were returned for the same issues my last one was having. I have old 870s that are awesome. Hopefully they can fix the reputation along with the product.

Turkeytider

Yes, it is great news indeed. No bigger Remington fan than yours truly, nothing but faultless service from their products and customer service dating back to the early `80s right up to bankruptcy. Having said that, I`m CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. Roundhill ( RemArms ) has no experience in firearms design and manufacture. I would expect a slow and bumpy start requiring patience from the buying public. I believe a lot will be impacted by the degree to which they`ve been able to hire back the craftsmen.

We should all be pulling for them!! Cannot imagine an American firearms scene without a Big Green.

Greg Massey

What Remington's that i own , I've never had a problem with them. Glad to see them coming back and building firearms.

owlhoot

I don't know what I saw at Cabela's  Monday. Looked like new 28" 12 gauge 870 express ?
$499.99 I guess could have been old stock ?   

Turkeytider

Quote from: owlhoot on February 04, 2021, 10:10:53 AM

I don't know what I saw at Cabela's  Monday. Looked like new 28" 12 gauge 870 express ?

Had to have been old stock.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Turkeytider on February 04, 2021, 10:18:07 AM
Quote from: owlhoot on February 04, 2021, 10:10:53 AM

Had to have been old stock.
On gunbroker i was looking yesterday at the Remington 20 ga. and the new old stock they were asking 500 dollars or more for the same guns that cost 250 dollars back months ago..

tracker#1

I have several 870s, wingmasters, youth 20, police tactical, and never had an issue with them, however, some years back I won an 11/87 3" before the newer 3-1/2" came out. The POA was off by a foot and a half. I sent the barrel to Remmington. They sent it back saying that there was nothing wrong with it. I put a tru- glow gobbler site on it to help with the problem. Later, I had a gunsmith port the barrel and he detected the barrel choke was tapped "crooked" originally from the factory. So I had him-tap it, problem fixed...

rakkin6

I own 3 remington's all from the late 90s. Two 700 BDL .300 WIN MAG a .270 and an 870 12 gauge. No issues with any of them. The rifles are tack drivers and the 12 shoots great patterns. Didn't look at at remington's for a while bought some benellis, tikka, browning's etc. Then I started hearing about the quality control issues in the guns. And have stayed away since then. But I am hopeful that everything works out well for them. I wonder if when the new guns start hitting the market if they will be a little bit lower in price just to get people to come back to Remington

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Turkeytider

My first Remington was an 1100 bought in `83 for duck hunting in Louisiana salt marshes. That thing got rode hard and put up wet. I`m embarrassed at how I treated it.  Just basic wipe downs inside and out. Never...once...failed me. Since, I have an `05 vintage 870 Super Mag turkey gun, `15 870 Express and a `17 V3. All have been absolutely faultless. There have indeed been some quality surface finishing issues with SOME 870 Express runs involving salts in the matte finish that led to surface rusting ( easy to fix with a soap and water wash and a good lubing on the exterior surfaces). Mine was not one of those. It will be fascinating to watch and see what happens with RemArms. Wish them only the best.