Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where is everyone hunting this year??

Started by Roost 1, February 02, 2021, 08:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

I'm hoping to start out in MS, then TN, KY, IN, PA, and MI.  Still trying to add something in May.

hookedspur

I'm hoping to hit Oh- Mo-Nb-and Washington then finish up in WV.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Holtbensley

Ohio Michigan for sure! Maybe Pennsylvania and Tennessee
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

ScottS

Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and maybe another western state if I get time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callaway71

Same old Ky and Tn for me. Still waiting for Roost to invite me along.  :begging:

Probably won't bow hunt as much this year. Hoping to hunt more with buddies and maybe even get my son out again.

GobbleNut

I have several states on my wish list, but until this whole Covid deal is resolved, I'm not making any concrete plans.  New Mexico is a given, I believe, unless things really take a nose dive here in terms of a lock-down. 

Oklahoma is also almost a certainty, if there is any such thing as a certainty anymore.  If things go as planned, I will be in Michigan, Wisconsin, and/or Minnesota in the last couple of weeks of May.  If things don't go as planned, I will be looking at a possible trifecta in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming in the Black Hills region instead.  Should all of the above fall apart, I could always hit the closer states of Utah and Colorado again, but those are on my fallback list for this year.

If all of the above fail to pan out for whatever reason, my final "I gotta get outa here and go somewhere" plan is to book and end-of-the-season flight into Spokane and hunt Washington and Idaho. 

I suspect any of those states could close their seasons to nonresidents if things start falling apart again this year.  Until there is a much clearer picture of the status of the virus, everything is tentative to a degree, for me.  Even in the worst-case scenarios, however, I will most likely be able to hunt NM and OK. 

avidnwoutdoorsman

Got sidelined hard in '20 because of travel restrictions conflicting with work responsibilities. Was looking at 8 states and only did 2.

'21 will be a hopeful redemption year. We'll see, but trying for 11 states in my dreams.... probably 6 or less when reality sets in.

I've already told work that if I gotta quarantine after my trip(s) in '21 to deal because I ain't sitting two years straight on the sidelines.

Good luck to everyone on there '21 season

Dreams: DE/VA/NC/SC/GA/TN/KY/WV/MD/WA/ID
Reality: DE/VA/SC/GA/MD/WA
Keep Calm and Gobble On!

Coop1082

Set in stone are LA, OH, and IN this year. My wildcard is going to be somewhere in Rio country I just haven't pegged which state I want to get after them in just yet.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

wvmntnhick

I'm not hunting this year. I'm just killing. WV, MD and maybe VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honker22

MS and LA... I will be able to contribute hopefully after my 9 year old kills his birds.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.