turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 3” 28” barrel with Winchester long beard Xr #6

Started by Elidepew05, February 01, 2021, 09:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elidepew05

I have tried a carlsons long beard Xr choke .660 with Winchester long beard Xr 3" 1 3/4 #6. I wasn't impressed at 50. I would like the best choke for this setup possible. What choke can you recommend. Looking at pattern master code black turkey,Jebs headhunter,sumtoy or kicks goblin thunder. If you don't mind to respond with pattern pictures.

Turkeytider

Quote from: Elidepew05 on February 01, 2021, 09:20:43 AM
I have tried a carlsons long beard Xr choke .660 with Winchester long beard Xr 3" 1 3/4 #6. I wasn't impressed at 50. I would like the best choke for this setup possible. What choke can you recommend. Looking at pattern master code black turkey,Jebs headhunter,sumtoy or kicks goblin thunder. If you don't mind to respond with pattern pictures.

Planning to routinely take 50 yard shots?  You'll get better patterns and cripple fewer birds if you shoot 40 and in .

Elidepew05

Tom007

It took the forums advice with my 870. I got an Indian Creek .665 and get great patterns with Longbeards and Hevi 13 #7 shot. My barrel is 26 inches. Indian Creek is mentioned a lot for the 870's on this forum.....good luck.....
"Solo hunter"

Elidepew05

Tom007

I cleaned out all the old pattern targets. Will be going out again, will pattern and send you pics. Snowing bad here. Patterning on hold till it warms up. Go through the Remington threads here, you will see lots of patterns. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Elidepew05 on February 01, 2021, 10:12:05 AM
Do you have a picture of this pattern by chance?

There are numerous pattern pics in the Remington Pattern Pictures thread that will give you great info.....
"Solo hunter"

Elidepew05

Tom007

"Solo hunter"