turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Were the Cody Spec 1 calls individually numbered

Started by WTNUT, January 26, 2021, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTNUT

I have a few Cody pot calls that were given to me in 1995 or 1996.  One is the Cody Spec I.   It has the number 327 on the back.   I was wondering if those calls were individually numbered back in the day.   

boatpaddle

Yes, they were...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Tom007

Quote from: WTNUT on January 26, 2021, 10:38:36 PM
I have a few Cody pot calls that were given to me in 1995 or 1996.  One is the Cody Spec I.   It has the number 327 on the back.   I was wondering if those calls were individually numbered back in the day.

Yes sir. I have # 168.  To this day, it sounds unreal, it is in my top five pot calls.....
"Solo hunter"

tlh2865

I had a early 90's something that had the pot and striker numbered 117 and signed by Bill

Tom007

Probably a Spec One. Came out in 1994, the prototype was finished in 1993 I believe. It did real well in calling contests they said.....great call...
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

2nd 100

Thats not an exaggeration , they done real well in calling contest . My Cousin won Grand National in @ 1994 in Dallas with a green monster spec 1 . They were unbeatable in the woods then as they are now Bill built the call most people have chased for the last 25 plus years ... The Original pot innovator . I learned to run a pot call from him in Atlanta in 1996 and its gotten alot of Gobs killed over the years . Spec 1 was individually numbered baxk in the early years . I picked up a Fatwood pot from him last yeas at nationals and he still makes as good a pot call as ever been made . and I've gotten to run some really good pots tryout the years .

Tom007

Quote from: 2nd 100 on January 27, 2021, 08:43:34 PM
Thats not an exaggeration , they done real well in calling contest . My Cousin won Grand National in @ 1994 in Dallas with a green monster spec 1 . They were unbeatable in the woods then as they are now Bill built the call most people have chased for the last 25 plus years ... The Original pot innovator . I learned to run a pot call from him in Atlanta in 1996 and its gotten alot of Gobs killed over the years . Spec 1 was individually numbered baxk in the early years . I picked up a Fatwood pot from him last yeas at nationals and he still makes as good a pot call as ever been made . and I've gotten to run some really good pots tryout the years .

Wow, great info. I would never part with mine. Bill makes great calls. Another (sleeper) in his call line is the Southern Belle box call. This box sounds unreal. Cody calls are underrated, they are great calls.....be safe
"Solo hunter"

tlh2865

My first foray into call collecting was to try and get all the rarer Cody calls. My first big purchase was a 1993 Cody World Class slate, and I have never heard a slate that compares. Then I got a Southern Belle box and I agree that it is good box. Then I got a Spec 1 green glass #117 and that call never would play. I don't know why but I never could get good turkey out of it. And I have heard them run by others before and know that they sound good, but I couldn't pull the bird out of it

3bailey3

3bailey3

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

WTNUT

Thanks for the information.   I received one of every call he made that year 95 or 96.   Pot calls were slate, spec,  and another glass.   The box calls were the hole calls in walnut,  wormy chestnut,  cherry,  and another wood.   The client ordered a ton off of him that year,  so he also sent me a prototype box that did not have a hole in it as I recall.  I still have it and would have to look at it compared to what he makes now days.   

I guess if his are considered custom calls I have lied to some folks unintentionally the last two weeks,  because I thought my first custom call was one I received about a year ago.   Thanks again for the information.   

Tom007

You bet, enjoy and best of luck this spring.....
"Solo hunter"