turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiddle boxes

Started by J_Bird, January 25, 2021, 07:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Bird

Just added my third fiddle to my collection, a Macassar over Persimmon. Also pictured is Blue Mahoe over Mora and Hophorn Beam over Apple. All three are pure Turkey yet sound like 3 complete different hens. It's just something different about Marlins boxes but in a good way. Looking forward to calling in some birds with it in a couple short months!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rakkin6

I just got one from TJ Johnson who Mr. Watkins taught they are pure turkey can't wait to get it out this spring.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

CMH

Sweet calls. I want to get some from him

J_Bird

[mention]rakkin6 [/mention] Yeah I got a long box from TJ and he definitely taught him well!

rakkin6

Waiting on a longbox from him myself. Should have it before the season starts. So I will have a fiddle box and longbox from TJ. I only have one longbox right now and it is from Jeff McKamey. It is really nice also, him and TJ are friends they trade different wood types with each other. Jeff has a bead on some mineral poplar and TJ has a bead on another type of wood can't remember which.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

This is my fiddle box from TJ.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

GobbleGitr

J Bird they just don't get any better than Mr. Marlin's!  That is a good flock of hens you have there

vt35mag

Some nice boxes you got there.

J_Bird

Quote from: GobbleGitr on January 26, 2021, 09:21:58 AM
J Bird they just don't get any better than Mr. Marlin's!  That is a good flock of hens you have there
Truth! Thank you sir!

J_Bird

Quote from: vt35mag on January 26, 2021, 09:26:35 AM
Some nice boxes you got there.
Thank you sir!

J_Bird

Quote from: rakkin6 on January 25, 2021, 09:12:57 PM
Waiting on a longbox from him myself. Should have it before the season starts. So I will have a fiddle box and longbox from TJ. I only have one longbox right now and it is from Jeff McKamey. It is really nice also, him and TJ are friends they trade different wood types with each other. Jeff has a bead on some mineral poplar and TJ has a bead on another type of wood can't remember which.

Yeah my buddy has a McKamey long box and it's a for sure player! It's what led me to get a long box of my own.

Gobbler428

Jeff makes a fine long box, full of turkey.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Turkz39

J bird those are some nice looking Watkins calls.  Marlins calls are top shelf.