turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet!

Started by Shady valley birds, January 18, 2021, 10:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shady valley birds

Hey guys iv never owned a trumpet call of any kind or used one for that matter,  but I'm wanting to try one.  What would be a good call that doesn't cost $200 that is easier to find. Any help would be awesome thanks guys!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

ar21angler

Swampturkey

Hey.  I've got a like new black falcon classic by Dave Hodgeskin   It's iron wood and  honey colored Buffalo horn.  I paid $175.  I will make u a deal  good deal on it.    It's never left the house.   Thanks Greg

Shady valley birds

Good deal id love to see some pics of it if you have em thanks  - James
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

k4brannon

Ralph Permar usually has some available and they're as good as it gets

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: k4brannon on January 19, 2021, 06:59:35 AM
Ralph Permar usually has some available and they're as good as it gets
I second Permar if you buy one of the calls he has available on his site (right now he's still got a delrin classic up for sale for $150). He's the only one at that level offering calls off the list, otherwise you're just going to have to get on a wait list with someone. Another who makes an incredible call is Greg Gwaltney. [mention]gergg [/mention]on here. He can make you one in a couple different styles and they're all players. Won't break the bank and wait time usually isn't long. Here's one from Greg I got last year. It's a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady valley birds

Thanks guys thems some pretty yelpers!

merocustomcalls

I've been making quite a bit of sawdust in the shop lately.  Here are a few finished up.  African blackwood with resin, Kingwood with Delrin.  Prices range from 100 to 150.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: merocustomcalls on January 19, 2021, 06:43:12 PM
I've been making quite a bit of sawdust in the shop lately.  Here are a few finished up.  African blackwood with resin, Kingwood with Delrin.  Prices range from 100 to 150.
How much is that kingwood?

merocustomcalls

Kingwood with Delrin (black mouthpiece) is $100 tyd with a lanyard included.

Shady valley birds

Beautiful calls brother very nice! I'll prob be hooked on em now!

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: merocustomcalls on January 19, 2021, 06:59:11 PM
Dear OP, BUY THIS MERO CALLER!!!! That's a hell of a deal on one of the best trumpets you could buy.

crow

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 19, 2021, 07:24:40 PM
Quote from: merocustomcalls on January 19, 2021, 06:59:11 PM
Dear OP, BUY THIS MERO CALLER!!!! That's a hell of a deal on one of the best trumpets you could buy.

I would second this, Mero trumpets are easy players and sound turkey

Shady valley birds

Thank yall alot ill def look into em!

Ctrize

Quote from: merocustomcalls on January 19, 2021, 06:43:12 PM
Brian got kick out of your banner card. Also I purchased a call from you over a year ago and it is one of my favorites.