OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BPS NWTF 3" Reccomendations

Started by Loyalist84, January 18, 2021, 05:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loyalist84

Hi all,

last season I ran 1 3/4oz of #4 Federal Grand Slams, and while it got the job done, I'd like to know if I can do better. Considering buying a box of #4 Longbeard to see how it patterns with the standard Browning turkey choke, but does anyone have a 3" load and choke combination in a BPS that works for them? Just seeing what the collective says before I go shopping - being in Canada it's essentially impossible to find Hevi Metal turkey loads - Hevi Magnum Blends are available but are scarce on a good day so I'd rather not have to depend on that sort of thing.

Bowguy

Idk about Canada but you can't shop for anything here. No ammo to be had. That being said skip the 4s and go smaller for starters. Long beard imo are too tight. Very impressive at decent range but up close too tight and easy to miss. 

bbcoach

Quote from: Bowguy on January 21, 2021, 06:55:57 AM
Idk about Canada but you can't shop for anything here. No ammo to be had. That being said skip the 4s and go smaller for starters. Long beard imo are too tight. Very impressive at decent range but up close too tight and easy to miss.
Times 2!!!  Todays shells have more payload and chokes are tighter so go smaller with your shot size.  Try some LB 6's or some Hevi 7's.  You will put up more killing numbers, 40 and in, and thank us later.

shatcher

I have a XX Comp n Choke in a BPS.  It is not finicky.  Patterns about anything.  Just clean it often.