turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Budget auto 20 recommendations

Started by jepcho, January 16, 2021, 04:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jepcho

I'm looking into getting a semi auto 20 gauge and am leaning towards a"budget" model. So far I'm looking at the weatherby sa-08 and element, mossberg sa20 and stoeger m3020.  I can't find a lot a good reviews on these as turkey guns. Any body have first hand experience on any of these or have recommendations in that same price range? And information would be greatly appreciated!

Tom007

All great choices, shoulder them and purchase what feels the best. Best of luck.....
"Solo hunter"

Jroddc

I have a SA-20 Turkey. Great little gun

ChesterCopperpot

The Stoeger is a great shooting gun. Personally I love the CZ 720. The CZ doesn't come in the stock options, camo patterns of the Stoeger, but it shoots the world down. Those are my two suggestions for budget 20ga autos. I haven't held or shot the other two mentioned.

Also worth mentioning, CZ came out with a shorter version of the 720 this year. Think it's a 24" barrel. Shorter length of pull too. Good option if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SumToy

3020 then the other 2 fall in line.   :z-twocents:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

hoythunter

I was in the same boat as you 2 years ago. I went with the sa-20 turkey and am very with it.

hoythunter

Very happy. Sorry my typing skills are lacking.

Turkeytider

Quote from: jepcho on January 16, 2021, 04:25:30 PM
I'm looking into getting a semi auto 20 gauge and am leaning towards a"budget" model. So far I'm looking at the weatherby sa-08 and element, mossberg sa20 and stoeger m3020.  I can't find a lot a good reviews on these as turkey guns. Any body have first hand experience on any of these or have recommendations in that same price range? And information would be greatly appreciated!

Think you`ll do fine with any of the three. My buddy  has a 3020 and like it fine, as far as I know.

Hoot 000

Tri star makes a good gun ,it is made in Turkey uses Benelli mobile choke system .It is gas operated.

Turkeytider

Quote from: Hoot 000 on January 17, 2021, 07:03:51 PM
Tri star makes a good gun ,it is made in Turkey uses Benelli mobile choke system .It is gas operated.

Very good reviews on Shotgunworld.

Upfold99

Don't count out viper g2 for a budget 20. Beretta clone with mobil threads.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kingwoodsman

Bought a Stoeger 3020. Got one season on it and it performed flawlessly
He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not lose. (Jim Elliot)

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase