turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Field Caps: Anyone make them?

Started by PAstevedave, January 15, 2021, 12:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAstevedave

I was wonder if anyone made military style field caps in hunting camo patterns?

I was specifically looking for something like a green leaf or bottomland.  Or anything similar really. 

Thanks in advance.

the Ward

Might be a tough search for that. I was browsing for old milsurp parkas awhile back and kept finding a lot of clothing that was made for airsoft players. Seems they have lots of copies of military style clothing that they use but in different camo patterns. Might try looking up sites that specialize in airsoft supplies, maybe they would have something like what your describing. Good luck in your quest and :welcomeOG:

GobbleNut

Here's an idea for anyone that can't find a camo pattern in an item they want to use.  Home Depot and Lowes sell house paints in small sampler jars.  If you need to camouflage something (or match existing camo better to a specific need), just determine the colors you need to match up, or what you want, and have the paint store mix you up some cheap, flat, interior paints in those colors.  Apply them in whatever combination you want with a sponge, brush, cloth, or whatever.

True, you will not have the latest, greatest camo pattern, but you can create a camouflage that more closely matches the terrain you will be hunting, and the flat finish should not stand out.  The paint dries a bit stiff on fabrics, but is durable and won't wash out.  Another plus is that it seems to be waterproof once dried. 

I have been doing this for years when the need arises and it works quite well.  The only problem is that if you wear your painted camo in town, someone may walk up and ask you if you're a house painter and if you would paint their house for them.   ;D

guesswho

I did a quick eBay search on Military fatigue caps and got several hits.   Not sure if the style or patterns are what your looking for but it's worth a look.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff