OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rossi tuffy turkey  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Kygobblergetter

Rossi tuffy turkey
« on: January 07, 2021, 08:09:29 PM »
Anybody shot one yet? I picked one up today and have not shot it yet but am quite impressed just based on first impression. Incredibly light gun with a great trigger pull. Can’t wait to get it cleaned and patterned in the next couple weeks. If I can turn it in to a 40 yard gun it will definitely see a lot of action this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Curtdawg88

Re: Rossi tuffy turkey
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:34:02 PM »
I have not but I’m going to pick one up for my daughter soon. Please post any results you have I’d like to follow along. Are you going use any optics?

"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:35:51 PM »
Will do. I’ll probably just be using an inexpensive red dot this year depending on how well the gun shoots. Might throw a ff3 on it

Offline Elmerfudd

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 01:47:56 AM »
I’ve got one. Barrel is off to get shortened to 20” and rethreaded. Nice little gun. Barrel was filthy and rough. Spent a fair bit of time polishing it. I put an old ff3 on it and will see how it does when I get it back.

Offline Kygobblergetter

Rossi tuffy turkey
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 05:07:09 PM »
Got to shoot mine today. Spent a lot of time getting the barrel clean but then put 4 shots through it to get it sighted in. Only snaked the barrel after the field loads. Put 115 in the 10 with apex 9s at 40 yards. 47 degrees and fairly windy today. I will deep clean the barrel tomorrow and shoot it with the apex ninjas

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »
Hoping after a deep cleaning and with the apex ninja load I will be able to hit 150 in the 10

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 08:18:01 PM »
Got to shoot mine today. Spent a lot of time getting the barrel clean but then put 4 shots through it to get it sighted in. Only snaked the barrel after the field loads. Put 115 in the 10 with apex 9s at 40 yards. 47 degrees and fairly windy today. I will deep clean the barrel tomorrow and shoot it with the apex ninjas
Was this with the factory turkey choke?

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 05:17:03 PM »
Was this with the factory turkey choke?

Yes factory choke

Offline HiIlbilly

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 04:54:31 PM »
Are these factory threaded? I remember looking at one a couple years back, but can't remember if they were threaded or not.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 05:00:12 PM »
The turkey model is threaded and drilled and tapped with a 26 inch barrel

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 06:22:50 PM »
Are these factory threaded? I remember looking at one a couple years back, but can't remember if they were threaded or not.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
The shorter Tuffy, 18.5” barrel is not threaded for screw in chokes. As stated, the Turkey Tuffy is.

Offline PAstevedave

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »
Anyone settle in on a good choke besides the factory one?  Just picked one up.  Now it’s the search for shells.  ????

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »
Anyone settle in on a good choke besides the factory one?  Just picked one up.  Now it’s the search for shells.  ????
I have only tested the factory xtra full choke. These are my patterns at 25 and 40 yards with Federal TSS #9. I’ll be interested to see if anyone has used any other combos as well.

25 yards

40 yards

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
Picked one up for my youngest a few weeks back and put a cheap Tasco red dot on it and shooting Browning TSS thru it.  After a good cleaning, I was impressed with that load thru the factory x full it comes with.  Shot a good 40 yard pattern but I don't plan to let him shoot past 30 right now.