OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Outfitters in Ohio

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, December 21, 2020, 07:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Looking to hunt out of state this year. Trying to find some outfitters in Ohio. Wondering if you guys knew of any? Thanks in advance.

tracker vi

Ain't no birds in Ohio , If there were I would not bother with an outfitter. plenty of public to hunt .

eggshell

Quote from: tracker vi on December 21, 2020, 07:53:50 PM
Ain't no birds in Ohio , If there were I would not bother with an outfitter. plenty of public to hunt .

I agree, you can kill birds on public here. That is if they hadn't all died last summer like tracker vi said, ain't none left (sarcasm font).

If you want to use an outfitter, here's one not far from me. I know the owners and guides and they are good honest people. They own all their own land and have some good spots.

http://sunfishvalleywhitetails.com/2020_Turkey_Program_UPDATED.html

Many moons ago before the grandson started up this outfitting thing I hunted a lot of the old man's land and killed a fair share of my birds on it. There are areas with denser turkey populations in Ohio, but this area has enough for a good hunt. If you want to be in denser areas you need to look into eastern Ohio. 

joey46

Interesting.  Make sure you get references (like you just received) before booking any OHIO outfitters.  More than their share of scammers working S/E Ohio especially.  BTW-I'm an OH native that still has contacts in several S/E OH counties.  There is plenty of public land and Ohio's Monday opener helps spread the pressure a little.  Good luck. 

BigSlam51

Quote from: joey46 on December 22, 2020, 11:19:26 AM
Interesting.  Make sure you get references (like you just received) before booking any OHIO outfitters.  More than their share of scammers working S/E Ohio especially.  BTW-I'm an OH native that still has contacts in several S/E OH counties.  There is plenty of public land and Ohio's Monday opener helps spread the pressure a little.  Good luck.
Not a Monday opener anymore. Starting Saturday this year

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Magdump

I am working on a super slam and Jeff and Amy at Kokosing River Outfitters helped me cross Ohio off the list.  The food, the lodge, the hunting, the people are simply A+! 

You wont regret a hunt with them!

I wish i could go back every Spring to Jeff and Amy's place but vacation days are limited and must be used for new states.

https://www.kokosingriveroutfitters.com/

kyturkeyhunter4

Any of you guys ever hunted at Southern Guides Of Ohio

eggshell

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on December 23, 2020, 01:20:27 AM
Any of you guys ever hunted at Southern Guides Of Ohio

I don't know anything about them, but a BBB search came up with some serious complaints.

joey46

Sorry to hear OHIO turkey now opens on a Saturday.  Foolish decision.  I wonder if the Monday deer opener will change also.  Those who hunt private will be fine.  Public land will be a circus.

Stories from seasons past told of maps and directions to out of state landowners properties being sold in Vinton County.  Plenty of time to research and contact references.  Good luck.

eggshell

What part of Ky are you coming from?

Yeah, I was disappointed to see the Saturday opener too...I'm usually in Ky that weekend. I hunt private that is tightly controlled, so not a big deal

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: eggshell on December 23, 2020, 10:59:59 AM
What part of Ky are you coming from?

Yeah, I was disappointed to see the Saturday opener too...I'm usually in Ky that weekend. I hunt private that is tightly controlled, so not a big deal
I'm in Knox Co. Ky which is south from Lexington Ky

eggshell

3bailey3

just looked at the Kokosing river place, very nice place, what is the limit in Ohio?

doublespurs21

2 gobblers in the spring season....

tracker vi

+ 1 on references on guides . everyone and their brother thinks they are a guide .