OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mcarbo

Started by Swampfoxforeman, December 20, 2020, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

Thinking of putting the mcarbo spring kit in both my Turkey guns Mossberg 835 and Remington 870 magnum 20. Any thoughts and opinions on these?

davisd9

I put one in my 500 20 gauge and did not notice a difference in it overall. Other guys say it made a huge difference for them. Never heard of it making things worse so for the money it is possibly worth doing. It was not difficult at all.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

USMC0331

I have them in two of my shotguns and installed into several others that wanted them. It makes a pretty good difference. It's not as good as the timney but very close and $80 cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

paboxcall

I did the MCARBO spring upgrade on my Mossy 500 20 gauge, and it reduced trigger pull from near 7 pounds to about 5.5 pounds. Definitely improved the trigger. Also did their spring replacement on my S&W j-frame - that was a huge difference.

Excellent customer service, easy to follow videos. Highly recommend them.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Tom007

I have no experience with Mcarbo. I did install a Timney in my 870, and it made a big difference. Very smooth. Good luck, I am sure you will be happy either way....be safe..
"Solo hunter"

Dr Juice

I installed one in my turkey 11-87 last year. I do not feel a significant difference. Bottom line: it cost me $20 and i will further test in the next few months.

2eagles

I saw a big difference in my 870 compact. Glad I bought one.

Spurs Up

I've installed them in both my 835 and 870 20 ga compact. Much better result with the 835 kit, a 2 spring one than with the 870. The much more expensive Timney kit or a gunsmithing job is the way to go with an 870 if significant reduction of trigger pull weight and creep are important to you.

old3toe

I installed the kit in my 835 and can tell a difference for sure. It was pretty bad before hand but now is much lighter and smoother. After it being so heavy before now when I shoot it I'm thinking of the heavy pull before it breaks but it isn't so heavy now so it surprises me a lot of the times.lol That's a good thing when trying to get a good trigger squeeze off whether your patterning or hunting.

fmf

I just put one in my mossy 510 mini 20 ga a few nights ago.  It absolutely lightened the breaking point considerably, but it also made the initial take up a little sloppy.  I do prefer it with the mcarbo springs.  I have no clue if you can find one or not, but my 500 12 ga came with a LPA (lightning pump action) adjustable trigger and I find that to be great. I would try to find an entire lpa trigger assembly and drop that in the 835 if it's available, but the mcarbo kit is inexpensive and is an improvement.  I have considered putting the oem return spring back in to see if it cleans up the initial slack, but I will probably leave it as is.