Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Soldering a Sling Stud to a SxS - (other recommendations welcome)

Started by Jstocks, December 19, 2020, 11:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstocks

I am trying to set up a sxs 410. It patterns good, so now the next step is to set it up with a sling. Anyone have any suggestions or ever soldered a sling swivel to a gun?

I'm assuming the soldering is typical of any other solder applications but I just want to make sure. Curious how strong it was for anyone that has experience.

Sir-diealot

I do not know if you know but they do make slings to work with no sling studs or just one sling stud. I do not recall what they are called though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

AppalachianHollers

As long as it's not an antique or otherwise high-end sxs. Would have to hurt the value of it by soldering.
Also think the simpler solution might be a sling that wraps around the barrel and the tang or a single stock swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

on the 16, 28 and .410 forum, go to feb. 27 2016

there is a thread started by "The Woodsman" titled CZ Sharptail 28 ga.
he has a nice setup for a sling on a SXS

I would hesitate to solder on a sling mount before checking that the heat your putting on the barrel doesn't  cause the solder holding the barrels and rib together doesn't make it all come apart.

the Thread is on pg. 4

Jstocks

Th ask you for the comments. I'll check out that other thread.

I don't know about you guys, but trying to sight down a barrel on the front bead with a nylon strap wrapped over the top would not be ideal. That is why I asked about some type of mount.

Critter

I have put them on with a set up that drills and taps two small holes in the under rib. Two small screws and some lock tight seems to do the job. Been a long time, I don't remember where I did get them.
Friends & Family Outdoors
Spread the Addiction!

Bowguy

I'd never sling a double gun unless it's a cheaply. Than the barrels won't shoot right anyhow. If it's a decent one they make a no swivel sling. I don't remember what it's called. It's not perfect but once at a spot you can take it off. Moving around Just a pinch just break it open and throw it over your shoulder. I carry double guns all day long rabbit hunting and that's what I do. If I remember later when I get home  I'll look at the sling I'm referring to