turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Caravelle ranch north hunt Florida

Started by Southerngobbler, December 03, 2020, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Accidently blew my couple of preference points on a Carevelle ranch hunt on the north side. I really wasn't paying attention and thought I was just going to be receiving another preference point but evidently you can draw that one with one or two points so I drew it. I wasn't planning on researching it till I had more points so after looking at the map it doesn't look that great, can't get away from the roads and just a small area over all dotted with private property.
I'm certainly not looking for anyone's hot spots, just want to know if there's a huntable population in there. I'm not worried about burning the points just don't want to waist time hunting something that's no better than the public land I hunt in N/W florida where I live. The birds in Carevella are Osceola's compared to the easterns where I live so that would make it worth while if I just knew the area had birds at all. It looks like whatever small population might live there probably lives on the private acreage.

joey46

I was going to suggest you ask on the Florida sportsman.com but I think you may already have.  It's being discussed in their Hunting Section.  Good luck.

FLGobstopper

You're welcome to send me a pm to discuss privately. Where are you located?

Fdept56

Just turn your permit back in and get your points back plus the one you would've gained anyway. I did this last year with no problem.