News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winter Pant Recommendations Needed

Started by gatrapper, December 03, 2020, 07:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

This is an odd question, but I need some help. I need to find a good pair of insulated/warm pants to wear when I take the dogs out in the morning/night. Cheap sweatpants aren't cutting it. I'm not looking for some heavy duty insulated carharrts or jeans.

Can y'all recommend anything?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Tom007

Carharrts  fleece lined jeans are durable and warm. I have Olive green, but I believe they come in camo. Good luck......

Paulmyr

Try a pair of long johns under the sweats. Marino wool bibs work for me but you'll need an under layer. They get itchy if you don't.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Sir-diealot

I second the longjohns, they make them that will cut the wind now too and that would make a major difference.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

My wife bought me a pair of insulated pants from trailside supply co a few years ago. They aren't blue jeans and are more of a stretchy material. They are pretty warm for their weight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

310 gauge

Ditto on the fleece or flannel lined pants. You can get them in light weight khakis or heavier duck weight hunting/work style. Cheaper discount chain stores or Tractor Supply should give you different options. If I'm gonna be out sitting long though, then the long drawers are sure my ticket.

aclawrence

Have you thought about trying some puffy pants. I know First Lite, Sitka, Kifaru, and others like Goose Feet Gear make some. They have full length zippers so it's easy to put them on with your boots already on. I carry mine in my back pack and put them on when I get to the deer stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cutt down

Wrangler ATG (all terrain gear). They have 2 different models with fleece lining. They run $40-$45 on Amazon. Stretch & very comfortable! Most comfortable pant I've ever worn. Wear them turkey hunting a lot now too!

AppalachianHollers

Browning does awesome clearance deals on their Hell's Canyon line on Field Supply from time to time. They have an amazing Thinsulate-filled pair of pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk